januz101

Not really accurately because some works police do are sensitive and that they do not really portray what is shown on tv.

js85

I think it's a good insight to get interested in the subject, but I don't know how accurate it is. I'd like to hear from more police on this subject though.

milyjohnson

This is an interesting question. It seems like these shows might have some realism to it, but they don't give you a complete look on what goes on with the police. My friend mentioned something about it being similar, but not the same. She wouldn't really go into detail about it though.

askanison

You have to remember that is TV. Everything has to be amped up a bit so you will continue watching. It's all about the almighty ratings and money from those sponsors. Even Cops has it's faults. I know many officers who watch it and say fifty percent of it is bull.

helaofthenorns

I am not a police officer, but because I studied TV productions in college, I know that maby things are sensationalized when broadcasted. It's done like that so that the emotions of people will be triggered in a big way.

Gelsemium

Some things might have a relation, others not really. I wish all police could have those means at their disposal though. ;)

DancingLady

Given that they are TV shows and meant to be dramatic to hold the viewers attention, I would say probably not. I don't feel that very many TV shows accurately portray life like it really is for most people. I think it is sensationalized and often over dramatized and intensified for the sake of the drama and plot line. Not that there aren't incredibly intense thing in real life, but probably not that often, and not that way.