Powerball lottery drawing is estimated at $425 million

Anthony

Super Moderator
Don't forget to go out and buy some powerball tickets. The jackpot for tonight's Powerball lottery drawing is estimated at $425 million, the Multi-State Lottery Association said.
This jackpot is the fourth biggest for any U.S. lottery, and the third-largest for the Powerball game, said spokeswoman Shelly Gerteisen.
The odds of winning the jackpot are about one in 175 million. The jackpot is valued at $425 million if awarded in 30 annual payments, or $244.7 million in a lump sum, the lottery association said.
The largest jackpot to date is $656 million, won in the Mega Millions lottery of March 2012. The prize was split among winners in Maryland, Kansas and Illinois.
This past June, an 84-year-old Florida woman claimed the biggest single winner Powerball jackpot of $590.5 million. She chose for a lump-sum payment of nearly $371 million rather than the 30-year option.
Powerball tickets are sold in 43 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are held two times a week, Wednesdays and Saturdays.

dariel2323

A very impressive prize. With that money a normal person solve many economic problems and more. Lucky for those who play that lottery, which is one of the most important. Muy regards

dannybuntu

Don't forget to go out and buy some powerball tickets. The jackpot for tonight's Powerball lottery drawing is estimated at $425 million, the Multi-State Lottery Association said.
This jackpot is the fourth biggest for any U.S. lottery, and the third-largest for the Powerball game, said spokeswoman Shelly Gerteisen.

Wow. I never met anybody who has ever won that large amount of money. It's something to think about though. But you know what they say, large amounts of money that you didn't work for could ruin your life.

I don't believe that!

I know exactly what I will do with the money if ever I do win something as big as that. I personally believe that money can buy us something that we all need - time. With enough money I could spend enough time with my kids and enjoy life with them. With enough money I could finally write my novel.

But that's just me dreaming.

bala

What exactly is power ball..and how does one win a lottery with that.i am asking such a noobish question because wiki doesn't seem to help and it is all complex to understand.Can anyone get it to me in short.??
I really am gonna envy this person for this amount..is it easy to understand and play.>??

stevesxs9

That's a really nice piece of change. Although the one in 175 million odds is sort of depressing.

WrestlinFan

I could buy so many friends with that money.

But seriously, I couldn't even play. Mississippi doesn't have lotteries, which is probably for the best. Can't iagine how many drug heads would sink their last dollar into it.

True2marie

If I ever won the lottery, I'd do so much with that money. For one, I'd help others in my local area and then, of course, I'd help myself. But, I guess I have to play Powerball in order to win. Usually, I forget all about it when I walk into any place that sells tickets. I am too busy getting a slurpee.

dannybuntu

That's a really nice piece of change. Although the one in 175 million odds is sort of depressing.

The odds are simply a mathematical construct based on the number of combinations possible in the number choices and limits. It can only be depressing if you put your hopes in them. I sometimes play the lottery here but I do so out of fun and only buy just one ticket.

I believe that if it was meant to be, then it will be. If it's not, there's no need to buy 100 or even one thousand tickets as the effects of these on your chances are minimal and most likely just the same as if you bought one ticket.

Muthoni

I guess if one has a little extra money to spare they can try their hand at the jackpot. There was a time I was very passionate about the lottery. There is an organization called Charity sweep stick in my region that was very popular in the yester years. I bought a ticket everyday; I never won anything. That said, the expectation of winning a prize was worth every penny spent.