Pregnant mom, baby die in shooting

Anthony

Super Moderator
pregnantvic.jpg
A pregnant woman and the child she was carrying have died after a tragic accident. The woman and her husband Carson Hoover, were visiting a friend in Brooksville, Florida on Saturday. The victim was shot in the head while being shown her friends gun collection.
Hernando deputies are calling the shooting an accident. However they did not say whether William DeHayes, 35, will be charged with any crime.
The pregnant woman was taken to Bayfront Health Brooksville by Hernando County Fire and Rescue then airlifted to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
Sheriff’s Office said doctors made an attempt to save the 5-month-old baby by removing him from Hoover. The baby was pronounced dead at 8:35 p.m., and Hoover was pronounced dead just after 3 a.m., authorities said.
Relatives of the shooter said this was all a terrible accident.
"For the other family, for my son and his family, we just feel bad," DeHayes said. "We can't change it."
The father said his son accidentally pointed the firearm at her and it went off, the bullet hitting her in the head.
[video=youtube_share;kdszQ6byqHg]http://youtu.be/kdszQ6byqHg[/video]
Neighbors were shocked when they heard about the tragedy. "It's very hard to believe it was an accident, especially point blank in the temple, that's hard to understand," said neighbor Josh Hady.
Carson Hoover is “very distraught†said Gregory Stewart, said a friend of the family. “I just got off the phone with him,†said Stewart. “He is very upset and going through the range of emotions a normal person would. He’s not sleeping, very traumatized.â€
The Hernando County Sheriff's Office said it is still actively investigating the case and therefore can not release any other information at this time.
Court records show that DeHayes has no criminal record in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

What a sad ending to this pregnant woman and her unborn baby at the hands of a friend. What was so interesting about the gun collection that it had to be shown off? Someone who does not know how to use a gun should not be in possession of one. Excuse me, how do you point a loaded gun at a pregnant woman?