Professional Athletes?

JoshPosh

Banned
8 time Mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman was a full time police officer while training and competing in Professional Body building. My question to all law enforcement officers out there is, where would he find the time to do all of this. I mean he works maybe 8 to 10 hours a day, and still trains 2 to 3 times a day. I don't know if he has a family, but I can't see where he has the time to juggle between his daily work schedule. Your thoughts?

Lexi

That is a little crazy. And if he finds the time for all of that, he must have no life beyond that. I don't understand how people can let their life be wasted away with day-consuming lifestyles.

That is not what life is about.

Rob93FL

That is a little crazy. And if he finds the time for all of that, he must have no life beyond that. I don't understand how people can let their life be wasted away with day-consuming lifestyles.

That is not what life is about.

Just because that doesn't sound like your ideal lifestyle doesn't mean that it isn't one that he genuinely enjoys.

GemmaRowlands

For a start, you will find that professional athletes enjoy training, so it isn't something that they would view as a chore at the end of the working day. Also, a lot of being on the beat is physical anyway, so it would definitely help the officers to keep active. I know that we have a gym at our station for people to use when they're either not on shift or not particularly busy, and there are a lot of the officers, guys and girls, who would be more than capable of competing professionally if they wanted to. So yes, I can see how the two things would go well together.

Although it doesn't sound like my one of lifestyle, it's hard not to respect someone with that kind of dedication. That's someone who knows what they want and will do what's necessary to get it.

cc1001

I have to admit I admire his dedication. I do not want to judge him because we all have to make choices and if that is what he chooses to with his life or time that is his decision. When you work a stressful full-time job and find time to train and stay active doing something you enjoy that is commendable in my opinion. I personally know people like him and it takes a strong willpower.

Patrick

I'd take my hat off to this person, back when I worked an 8-5 day, by the time I returned home I really couldn't find the drive the exercise. I'd just collapse and not care about anything.

Gelsemium

This just shows that when we have motivation we can do anything, most likely he loved both activities or simply needed the job to train.