Protein Shakes

Peninha

I have a friend who recently (let's say a year and a half) joined the police force and he is completely different now, he takes a whole better care of his body including those protein shakes. I guess that's what happen when you rely on your body to work.

Rob93FL

I found that the protein shake from youngevity tastes great and has lasting effect

Would you mind elaborating on the "lasting effects"?

As for whether or not I supplement with protein shakes, yes, I do. I usually switch between Optimum Gold Standard and CytoSport's Muscle Milk.

btatro

I drink Shakeology on a regular basis. While I wouldn't necessarily classify it as solely a protein shake, it does offer 17g of protein in the shake alone + whatever add ins you use (milk, pb2, etc). I don't sell it or anything so take this as you may, but after thorough research, it really is the only "shake" out there that is decent and 'clean'.

bala

When i had just started weight training promax was the best choice and it really was.I don't want to expand on this,but my friend had a pathetic time with protein shakes,Herba life.It was partially his mistake but still he had to be admitted to the ICU because the proteins transfused with blood and he got proteinated urine.I have been refraining from any supplements since then.

PhilA

I used to drink protein shakes when I was working out every day hard, you will see benefits if you are lifting heavy. The effects will not last however, once you stop drinking them you lose a lot of gains, plus I never met a person who didn't get a dodgy stomach off them. I know it gave me some serious wind problems!

Rob93FL

I used to drink protein shakes when I was working out every day hard, you will see benefits if you are lifting heavy. The effects will not last however, once you stop drinking them you lose a lot of gains

That's not how protein works. It isn't like creatine where you lose water weight once you stop taking it. The only way atrophy will occur is if you stop working out. Ceasing to supplement your diet with protein shakes will only limit your muscle gains.

Lexi

Protein powder was created in the 90's because, the dairy industry decided that instead of throwing out the leftover waste, they could turn it into powder and sell it to body builders as a "supplement".

When you eat green veggies, you are taking in a great supply of amino acids. Combined those green veggies with "healthy fats" and you will have all that you need for your body to "Create" strong protein cells throughout your body. Your body CREATES protein.

Another point you guys will like is that a diet rich with healthy fats will boost your testosterone levels.

Eat healthy. Quit making excuses. Enjoy life.

Trickster

I eat a lot of protein daily (chicken, eggs...) so I don't drink shakes on a daily basis, but I sometimes do it as a pre/post workout meal. But now there are many, many types of them and I don't know which one to use. Anyone has any recommendations that they've personally tried?

Rob93FL

Protein powder was created in the 90's because, the dairy industry decided that instead of throwing out the leftover waste, they could turn it into powder and sell it to body builders as a "supplement".

When you eat green veggies, you are taking in a great supply of amino acids. Combined those green veggies with "healthy fats" and you will have all that you need for your body to "Create" strong protein cells throughout your body. Your body CREATES protein.

Another point you guys will like is that a diet rich with healthy fats will boost your testosterone levels.

Eat healthy. Quit making excuses. Enjoy life.

Why exactly is "supplement" in quotation marks? If you're using protein powder to supplement your diet, it's considered a supplement. If you think that you can gain significant amounts of muscle by eating only vegetables and healthy fats, you've been misinformed.

KrustyKrabella

when I was working out pretty heavily, I was drinking Premier High Protein shakes from Sam's Club. They were really reasonably priced. I get queasy if I eat in the morning, and the shake was perfect. I guess I could have made them myself, but I really *hate* cleaning my blender!

I thought they tasted ok if they were super cold. If they were warm they were terrible, though!