Questions about guns

I'm moving to New Jersey at the end of the summer and was wanted to know if I can bring my guns. I currently live in a state that basically has no restrictions, but I've been told that that New Jersey has stricter laws. I will be bringing the Remington 12 gauge pump and Smith & Wesson Sigma 9mm with 3-15 round mags. Thanks for your help.

januz101

I dont know how New Jersey implements their laws about private gun owners. But I think when they said that they have stricter law about guns, maybe they meant about how difficult the acquisition process is. But in your case since you already own one then I think its best if you get a permit or license to travel and carry the gun in your new state. Asking a gun store there will definitely give you an idea on what to procure if youre going to stay there.

camsdad

Most of our gun laws on the east coast have everything to do with how you get them, so like Januz said, since you already own them you should be fine. Considering you'll just be keeping them in your house. You will most likely need a license to carry if you want to be able to travel around with them outside.