Read any good books lately?

lei

I haven't read any books lately about law enforcement. I have read Stolen Life and it was really good. Its the story of the girl who was kept captive for years. Such a sad and pretty powerful book.

dannybuntu

Read any good books lately? I'm looking for suggestions for some non-fiction books about Law Enforcement.

Yep, The Unbeliever by E.L. Bayliss is particularly gripping. It actually has two plots: first, it's about a rich atheist artist who had an encounter with death that changed his perception and understanding of life; the second plot is about a small town sheriff who is investigating the 20 year old murder of his friend's daughter.

I'm 60% done with the book but it is really eye opening and would recommend it again and again.

But if you're really looking for "law enforcement thrillers" or detective mysteries, I haven't read a true blue Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew or Perry Mason novel for quite a long time.

True2marie

The best book I read last year and am reading again this year is The Magic of Thinking Big.

This book let me see how my thoughts have been really holding me back. I had too many excuses not to do things such as ageism. The best line in the entire book to me is 'action cures fear'. This is so true. Whenever I have an issue these days, I try to figure out what I can do about it instead of sitting around letting a problem wear me down.

You gotta read this book, especially if you have goals, etc for your life.
51%2BnTlSohBL.jpg

dariel2323

I finished fifty shades of dark some days ago. It's rather interesting.

A friend spoke me of it, some time ago and told me that it is a good book. 100% recommended it to me. I will read it when I have time. Your "bradyjim86" can read it also there are good reviews of the book.

I have actually read some really good books in the last few weeks. I have read a book called The prom dress which was just about a girl named Tara getting ready to go to her high school prom but she experienced a huge issue that held her back, and it was the fact that she ended up having to wear someone else's dress, she stole someone's dress and had to suffer the consequences. Another book I read was James Mcbrides The color of Water which is just about his mother and fathers life before he was born, his mother was Jewish and she got her name changed three times including when she moved to America. Once she moved to America she had James but he never got the chance to see his real father because he died of a cancer way before james was born. His real dads name was Andrew Mcbride and Andrew Mcbride worked at Metropolitan, a very populated church located in Queens,New York. This church can hold up to 2,000 people and literally everyone and their grandma attended each day. The book is amazing, and has so many true facts about the Mcbride family. You have to read these books for yourself! I learned a lot. My next book I'm about to read is called Symptomatic by Danzy Senna, Can't wait!

headmaster

Bad Pharma: How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients is an excellent eye-opener on how data manipulation works and how research misconduct on a global scale affects us.It is scary to be told that regulators approve hopeless drugs, with data on side effects casually withheld from doctors and patients.

ic3squid

I read World War Z a week or two ago, it's quite an interesting book and I recommend it to any zombie loving fan.

Muthoni

Wow, I have actually never read a law enforcement book. I like fiction, intrigue or romance. I remember reading a very interesting book about finding love in the least expected places. I am sorry I was no help in the kind of book you are looking for.

Nevi

I have read Divergent books and i was thinking of reading Paul Coelho books. My girlfriend is the one encouraging me to read books she is a big fan of fiction and young adult genre's.

bala

As for books you cant get any more realistic than "True Blue". I finished it some time back and it is a collection of true short stories submitted by officers from all over the globe. There are funny ones, sad ones, action ones etc. I would highly recommend it.

helaofthenorns

I just finished reading If I Stay by Gale Foreman. I think that this was made into a movie starring Chloe Moretz. It was an okay book. Nothing really special about it. It's just an ordinary YA novel.