Retired police dogs for sale

briancobb110

The police force has newly retired but trained dogs that would make perfect outside pets. Contact if interested.

PhilA

I know this is an old post but I was looking to ask this question as a topic, so maybe it's easier to dig this up?

This is interesting, I did not know it was possible to buy police dogs. I bet they are awesome for understanding commands and being well behaved - are there any potential problems?

dariel2323

It is ok. I have a friend who was looking for a similar offer, perhaps he is interested. I will send him the link, he will decide. Regards

ic3squid

I think I have a potential buyer, I'll contact my friend about this and see if he is interested, thanks!

askanison

They sell retired police dogs? That is horrible. I thought someone would adopt the dogs when taken out of service. That doesn't seem very caring. I mean the dog has performed a service for the public shouldn't they get some type of special treatment because of that service?

ItsZiggy

Why on earth would they need to sell police dogs? Don't they have a special center for them when they're not working?

bala

Strange,why are they selling police dogs..?.It sure wouldn't make an ideal family dog,and that is exactly what people want off a dog.May be detective agencies might be interested,but surely not me..!!

Ricardo187

I'd adopt one because I think they deserve the best after serving the country for so long, but selling shouldn't done. They're trying to earn even more from the poor animal after all he's done. Either way, I think the negative part would be that the dog is already old and won't least long maybe?

PhilA

I have heard that they make excellent family pets. They are well trained not to harm the public and have been looked after.
I would buy one personally if it was not too old.

bala

I have heard that they make excellent family pets. They are well trained not to harm the public and have been looked after.
I would buy one personally if it was not too old.
That is strange,and the first time i am hearing of one.How exactly do you justify them being family pets.
I can add more,since they have been with the police forces they will be trained the hard way and charge ferociously against anything they sniff.
I would love it if you can defend your statement.

Muthoni

If I had my own home, I would want one or two of those dogs. I imagine that they are the best in terms of security. I wonder how they would behave when separated from their police partner. Anyway this is just wishful thinking. I hope that they will get a good home.

helaofthenorns

I also didn't know that the police sells retired police dogs until I read this post and saw that the OP wanted buyers to contact him. I thought that retired dogs were kept or adopted. I don't think it's right to sell them though just to anybody. The buyers need to be screened properly. The dogs should be neutered or spayed, too.