Robber Returns To Crime Scene To Complain About Fake Gold Chain He Stole

Rainman

Not the smartest of robbers but he certainly made arresting him for his crime rather easy. He must have thought he'd been ripped off. Get a fake gold chain after waving a gun in people's faces and probably threatening them? Not "easy work" is it? Well whatever his reasons were, the man returned to complain that the "goods" stolen were fake.

Sarasota, FL Patch
The very same man returned moments later driving a white Mercedes-Benz, the Miami New Times reported. Rather than try to hit up the victims for any valuables they had left, he came to complain the chain he swiped was faked, the publication noted.

The owner of the stolen jewelry stopped some passing policemen . . . and the idiot was arrested.

Gabe

Some criminals really are stupid! These deserve to get caught and prosecuted. I bet the victims didn't think he would be so silly as most would have made a quick exit and not looked back.

thegrey1

I guess he had no choice but to turn to a life of crime! This guy couldn't learn the fine art of flipping burgers! ;)

dyanmarie25

Haha. That's actually pretty hilarious. He really had the guts to go back to the store and complain as though he were the victim? What a stupid person really he is.

missbishi

There's really no wonder why this guy doesn't have any gainful employment now is there? He deserves a slot on "America's Dumbest Criminals"!

katherine25

hahaha omg this made me laugh so hard! What kind of person robs a store and then takes the stolen goods back to complain? Oh man he wanted to get caught!! This made my day.

IshieVonDyson

Wow, bringing a new meaning to “You get what you pay for,†huh? Some people and their utter lack of sense. I got a good laugh out of this story!

LongShot

How is it that he drove back to complain about the chain?

Did the dude even thing this through at all? Would have made more sense if he went back and robbed him again but he choose to complain about it? He's lucky the guy didn't have a gun of his own because I guarantee he would be yelling about something else.

JoanMcWench

I give him credit. Most robbers would not have the testicular fortitude to make this jeweler realize they are not going to get away with offering merchandise to paying customers when someone can easily steal it & complain in the exact same entitled way.

missbishi

I give him credit. Most robbers would not have the testicular fortitude to make this jeweler realize they are not going to get away with offering merchandise to paying customers when someone can easily steal it & complain in the exact same entitled way.

Testicular fortitude! Love it!

mrsbright

That and, why commit such a low-level petty crime when you could be much more talked of by your stupidity?
Sounds a bit like it could have been Micheal Kelso from That 70's Show train of reasoning, there.