Rock On, Mom!!

missbishi

That must have taken some guts from the mom! Imagine having to turn in your own son! She must have done so with a very heavy heart.

Philosophydaddy

That's a hell of a thing for a mom to have to do. I'll bet it took a lot of courage for that mom to turn in her own son, but she did the right thing. People need to either contact police when they know someone close to them committed a crime or they need to turn them in themselves or even convince the person to turn themselves in. The police can't be everywhere to deter all crime so it is up to responsible citizens to help out where they can.

Gabe

I think parents have to separate the emotions and do the right thing. She would have been racked with guilt and ashamed of his behavior so it was a good thing to do and as a parent you teach a child regardless of age the difference between right and wrong and what behavior is acceptable.

thegrey1

I am blown away by this! My faith in my fellow man has been restored by these parents, and the mother in Maryland! This is tough love at its finest! I just hope this 16 yr. old punk learns something from it.

dyanmarie25

Wow, really? Very courageous of that mother to turn in his son for his bad behavior. Way to go, mom! I hope that other moms would be like her as well. Sometimes, we shouldn't let our children grow up like spoiled brats.

lushlala

I agree this is tough love at its best! It sure looks like it's the week of the super moms who simply won't tolerate their children's wayward behaviour. Kudos to her for turning him in, maybe he'll learn something from it! I hate it when families blindly defend the actions of their loved ones, without any regard for the victims and/or the gravity of the crimes they have committed. Way to go!

bala

I agree this is tough love at its best! It sure looks like it's the week of the super moms who simply won't tolerate their children's wayward behaviour. Kudos to her for turning him in, maybe he'll learn something from it! I hate it when families blindly defend the actions of their loved ones, without any regard for the victims and/or the gravity of the crimes they have committed. Way to go!
Second that,families need to learn where to support and where not to support the action of their loved ones.
This mom sure befits the title super mom.Can u recollect any other instance like this,i seem to have read something liek this in here,but can't find it out in the search bar too.

In a situation like that my sons learned that they would rather deal with the police then me or their dad. My child would have gone to the child's parents and apologized, bought him a new iPad (got a job and worked for it). Then lost all electronics, (TV, phone,..etc), grounded to the house and monitored 24-7 for at least a month. If it had been when I was a child, it would have been a hickory butt bustin' lol WTG MOM!

Whitewolf2578

Good for her, most mothers as it would seem just try to protect their little boys. "Oh he didn't do it, hes such an angel" but this woman was probably like "Where did you get that boy." Justice was served on this day.

JoanMcWench

That must have taken some guts from the mom! Imagine having to turn in your own son! She must have done so with a very heavy heart.

No, I don't think I would have had a heavy heart at all. I would be immensely disappointed in my son. Overwhelmingly disappointed but I would not regret turning him in at all. He has to realize there are consequences to illegal actions. If I didn't turn him in & he could pretend it never happened how much did that increase the risk that he'll do it again or worse?

Josie

How do we know the overall parenting didn't lead to this type of behaviour to begin with? If I found my son had stolen from someone, it would be dealt with.. I just couldn't see it coming to that because of how he was raised. I don't blame the parents! But I don't not blame them either lol.. I don't know enough, it's just a thought.

GlacialDoom

That mother definitely did the right thing. If she would have let emotions stand in the way of justice, her son would've never learned his lesson, and he would be left thinking that he would be able to commit any crime he wanted without getting caught or facing the consequences. By turning her son in, not only did she do the right thing, but she also taught her son a valuable lesson.