Samuel L Jackson Boycott this BUM

admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Boycott this guys movies, he is a bum. Instead of asking celebrities to spread the word for people to obey the law he wants people to speak out against a few cops. How does he feel if we were to generalize about black people?

Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

I made a comment on this thread. What happened to it? I'm not gonna bother repeating it, but I don't see a need to call Samuel a bum or boycott his movies.

MsJLO

I think if you want people to Boycott a celebrity, you may want to give more information and details as to a reason why. You know, the who, what, where, when and why of it all. I just think you may get a better result that way.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty easy to figure this out. Why is he asking for celebrities to stand up now. Why not 8 months ago or a year ago. Is it because of the Eric Garner and Michael Brown incidence (rhetorical). If he were really standing up to stop injustice he would be asking for the celebrities to stand up against crime. Had Michael Brown listened to the officer and just gotten off the street and walked on the sidewalk he would be alive. Instead he decided there was no need for him to respect either the laws or the police officer. Now the police officer is the one who is being deemed by jackson as a racist cop. There is no evidence that there was any racism at all but he is a racist. Eric Garner, it is documented on camera that he was resisting arrest, he was asked several times over several minutes to put his hands behind his back. He was fully aware of the procedure, he had already been arrested 30 times, 27 of them for the same crime. Eric Garner was racist against laws. Why doesn't jackson have more concern as to why someone with 30 convictions is still walking the streets.

It is easy to complain about police when you personally have never had to show up a drive by shootings to see the damage the animals are willing to bring to others. It is really easy to sit back and say you live in a safe neighborhood without realizing that the reason your neighborhood is safe because a police officer saw someone they deemed to be suspicious walking the street at 3 in the morning. It is because police are willing to question what looks unusual that you are safe. It is because police are willing to question people that fit a certain profile that keeps you safe.

Most people will never know the amount of crime that goes on around them because it is never made public. Go to your local mall and count how often you see a mall cop patrolling the parking lot. Gives you a sense of security doesn't it (not that they are going to stop a robbery but that they may stop someone from breaking into your car). Police do that on a big scale and when they run into that person who really wants to break the law you should be grateful.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Your comment can be found here: Samuel L Jackson Just Challenged Celebrities to Call Out the

In response to your comment on that page.

I have nothing against any race standing up for their rights. Just as I would hope that you would want the police to stand up for your rights. I think to say that either the Eric Garner or Michael Brown situation happened because they were black is not even close to the point. Should they have been given a free pass because they were black? I am not sure if that is what your point is but is sure does sound like that is what jackson is trying to say. If you are a white officer and you see someone of another race committing a crime should you just walk away from it.

Explain to me were you think Michael Brown or Eric Garner would be today if they had complied with what they were asked to do.

Laws are put in place to protect all of us, if we don't like the laws we can make change through legislation, elect new politicians.....
It is funny, when you pull over a police officer the first thing they do is comply with what ever you ask them, doesn't matter if they are black or white. That is not the first response you get from most of the population.

primalclaws1974

I am not against black people or any other race standing up for themselves. That includes white people, like myself. But I sometimes see black people, while trying to stand up from themselves, also alienating themselves. When people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton preach(ed) about what they deem as outrageous acts against black people, it's always "us against them", primarily meaning white people. Why do they have to go about this in such a manner? Can they not find a way to make their point without sounding like they want to go to war?

pattycake

Pretty easy to figure this out. Why is he asking for celebrities to stand up now. Why not 8 months ago or a year ago. Is it because of the Eric Garner and Michael Brown incidence (rhetorical). If he were really standing up to stop injustice he would be asking for the celebrities to stand up against crime. Had Michael Brown listened to the officer and just gotten off the street and walked on the sidewalk he would be alive. Instead he decided there was no need for him to respect either the laws or the police officer. Now the police officer is the one who is being deemed by jackson as a racist cop. There is no evidence that there was any racism at all but he is a racist. Eric Garner, it is documented on camera that he was resisting arrest, he was asked several times over several minutes to put his hands behind his back. He was fully aware of the procedure, he had already been arrested 30 times, 27 of them for the same crime. Eric Garner was racist against laws. Why doesn't jackson have more concern as to why someone with 30 convictions is still walking the streets.

It is easy to complain about police when you personally have never had to show up a drive by shootings to see the damage the animals are willing to bring to others. It is really easy to sit back and say you live in a safe neighborhood without realizing that the reason your neighborhood is safe because a police officer saw someone they deemed to be suspicious walking the street at 3 in the morning. It is because police are willing to question what looks unusual that you are safe. It is because police are willing to question people that fit a certain profile that keeps you safe.

Most people will never know the amount of crime that goes on around them because it is never made public. Go to your local mall and count how often you see a mall cop patrolling the parking lot. Gives you a sense of security doesn't it (not that they are going to stop a robbery but that they may stop someone from breaking into your car). Police do that on a big scale and when they run into that person who really wants to break the law you should be grateful.

Why are you so upset by Jackson speaking up for Eric Garner and Michael Brown? He's within his human rights to do so. So why should anybody boycott his movies over his exercising his human right?

pattycake

I am not against black people or any other race standing up for themselves. That includes white people, like myself. But I sometimes see black people, while trying to stand up from themselves, also alienating themselves. When people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton preach(ed) about what they deem as outrageous acts against black people, it's always "us against them", primarily meaning white people. Why do they have to go about this in such a manner? Can they not find a way to make their point without sounding like they want to go to war?

But you are against black people standing up for themselves. Just listen to your complaint. I don't know why my first comment was removed, but my point in it was that many people tend to think that black people should never say anything about any kind of wrong being done to them. Which is unreasonable. We don't see anybody else living mute, so why do black people live mute?

It's unreasonable. I'm not going to turn on Samuel L. Jackson just because you think he shouldn't say anything about police brutality.

pattycake

Your comment can be found here: Samuel L Jackson Just Challenged Celebrities to Call Out the

Explain to me were you think Michael Brown or Eric Garner would be today if they had complied with what they were asked to do.

Explain all the crime going on in the world, the crime stories right here in this forum, from people not doing what they were asked to do and are not dead, but are in police custody. Explain the choke hold that's illegal, being used on a gentle man who never harmed anybody.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you so upset by Jackson speaking up for Eric Garner and Michael Brown? He's within his human rights to do so. So why should anybody boycott his movies over his exercising his human right?
Why are you upset that I am expressing my feelings which you have stated are human rights? You feel that mine are misguided, without real explanation. Am I generalizing and saying boycott films made by minorities. Why do you feel that jackson has decided to call cops racist and not make statements about Brown and Garner not obeying the law? Can you point out what the police did that is considered racist? Can you explain to me how a white officer is supposed to handle a black person breaking the law? If you can, please explain to me how a person who is being told to obey an officers command should respond.

Why should someone boycott his films? He is not working on mending a divide, he is inciting anger. If he included in his video, "Lets obey the laws in the first place and lets respect the police so we can help rid this world of racist police" that would make sense. But to say that these cops were racist when there is not one shred of evidence they were is reckless. If anyone thinks that protests or marching or celebs singing is going to stop a police officer from doing their job or protecting themselves then they are sadly mistaken. The day that happens is the day the criminals have won.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Explain all the crime going on in the world, the crime stories right here in this forum, from people not doing what they were asked to do and are not dead, but are in police custody. Explain the choke hold that's illegal, being used on a gentle man who never harmed anybody.
You just made my point, in the majority of instances police do not use deadly force so calling police racist because a few people did die is like saying all black people are criminals because some of them have been arrested. Seriously, you need to look at all the posts and videos. Do you have any idea how many officers have died this year at the hand of criminals.

I am a middle aged white person, I was at my community pool last year playing with a 6 year old black boy. I was teaching him how to swim underwater. The very next day I stopped at the pool in uniform, the young boy came over to me and was talking when his mother came over and said "Get away from him, we don't talk to the police". Great lesson being taught.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
But you are against black people standing up for themselves. Just listen to your complaint. I don't know why my first comment was removed, but my point in it was that many people tend to think that black people should never say anything about any kind of wrong being done to them. Which is unreasonable. We don't see anybody else living mute, so why do black people live mute?

It's unreasonable. I'm not going to turn on Samuel L. Jackson just because you think he shouldn't say anything about police brutality.

Your first comment was not removed and I have pointed that out to you already. You posted it under another thread:

Your comment can be found here: Samuel L Jackson Just Challenged Celebrities to Call Out the - See more at: http://www.policestation.com/office...jackson-boycott-bum.html#sthash.p17bGRfF.dpuf

Do you really think that these protests are going to stop a police officer from doing his job or protecting himself? A black man was shot and killed yesterday by a white police officer in Missouri. Did the protest stop that? Is more rioting and protesting going to stop that? Did it stop a black man from pulling a gun on a police officer?

Watch these videos and tell me you really think it is the police who are the issue:

Officer shot during traffic stop in west Baltimore

Pleasant Valley officer recovering after traffic stop shooting

The Dangers of Policing

I have not had one officer black or white tell me that they are going to stop questing a black man in a white neighborhood at 3 in the morning. I have not had one officer black or white who has not said they are going to question a white man in a black neighborhood at 3 in the morning. Not because they feel their race is of questionable character but because there presence is.

TheScorpion

I hate all celebrities so no problem boycotting for me.

I think the protesting isn't going to accomplish any more than the sit-tins on wall-street did.

I am not a criminal so I don't really have a problem with being asked to walk on the sidewalk or if I did break the law putting my hands behind my back.
Just my 2 cents.

pattycake

Why are you upset that I am expressing my feelings which you have stated are human rights? You feel that mine are misguided, without real explanation.

I'm not upset, I'm just trying to point out that you want people to go after Samuel L. Jackson for nothing. He has the right to speak his mind about police brutality or anything else that bothers him. I'm not saying that you don't have the right to speak your mind, I'm just saying that I doubt that anybody is going to boycott Samuel L. Jackson's movies just because you want them to. Most people are not nearly as biased minded as they used to be.

pattycake

I hate all celebrities so no problem boycotting for me.

I think the protesting isn't going to accomplish any more than the sit-tins on wall-street did.

I am not a criminal so I don't really have a problem with being asked to walk on the sidewalk or if I did break the law putting my hands behind my back.
Just my 2 cents.

Why do you hate all celebrities? If you don't mind me asking. Isn't that similar to what the OP is complaining about with Jackson? That he's speaking against all cops? What would you boycott them all for?

pattycake

You just made my point, in the majority of instances police do not use deadly force so calling police racist because a few people did die is like saying all black people are criminals because some of them have been arrested. Seriously, you need to look at all the posts and videos. Do you have any idea how many officers have died this year at the hand of criminals.

I am a middle aged white person, I was at my community pool last year playing with a 6 year old black boy. I was teaching him how to swim underwater. The very next day I stopped at the pool in uniform, the young boy came over to me and was talking when his mother came over and said "Get away from him, we don't talk to the police". Great lesson being taught.

I tried to watch the video and it wouldn't play. But anyway, I don't believe that Samuel said anything that you say, nor what you say about a black lady and her son. You making stuff up. And you being a middle aged white man doesn't mean anything. Your blood is red like everybody else's. So stop using that as an excuse for your behavior.

I'm not boycotting Samuel L. Jackson and neither is anybody else.

downsouth

When I started reading this thread I thought Die Hard 3 LOL. He is entitled to his opinions and views though just as the rest of us. Even if they are misguided or inappropriate. Guy is in way too many movies though. Does he ever pass up a role ?

TheScorpion

Why do you hate all celebrities? If you don't mind me asking. Isn't that similar to what the OP is complaining about with Jackson? That he's speaking against all cops? What would you boycott them all for?

I don't mind you asking at all. *I don't see the need to respond to you though. *Don't boycott if you don't want to, doesn't bother me.

LitoLawless

I don't understand exactly what your asking. Should he just say speak out against all cops even though it's just a few that are in the wrong? Did he do something that got you upset? I think we need more info.

pattycake

I don't mind you asking at all. *I don't see the need to respond to you though. *Don't boycott if you don't want to, doesn't bother me.

But you did respond to me. You just didn't answer my question. So you hate all celebs and wouldn't mind boycotting them but can't say why you hate them. LOL!