San Jose Police Chief Tackles Murder Suspect In Bold Escape Attempt

Rainman

A handcuffed murder suspect who escaped a police holding cell and scaled a fence, thanks to the swift action of San Jose's police chief was swiftly rearrested.

The police chief was parking his car when he saw the man running towards him.

San Jose Mercury News
The chief just went into 'cop mode' and took care of business," Garcia said. "He had no idea the suspect was wanted for murder, but that would not have deterred him anyway. He took on a fleeing suspect and handled the situation like any other officer would."

Once a cop always a cop?

lushlala

Kudos to him on a job well done! It's nice to see a police chief getting their hands dirty, it's very commendable. Now he'll have bragging rights and will probably be saying, see boys and girls, THAT is how you do it hehe Sometimes I wonder why these criminals bother trying to break out, because if caught, they risk having their sentences extended and a lot of privileges taken away!

thegrey1

I don't understand how some people can be so stupid as to think that they can escape from the police, while wearing cuffs! Anyway, this cop really deserves a lot of recognition. The prisoner however, is going to be the butt of a lot of jokes, as well he should be.

dyanmarie25

I hope to hear more of these kinds of news in which cops has done successful arrests. Great job, Chief! I salute you.

lushlala

I don't understand how some people can be so stupid as to think that they can escape from the police, while wearing cuffs! Anyway, this cop really deserves a lot of recognition. The prisoner however, is going to be the butt of a lot of jokes, as well he should be.

Hehe, thegrey1, he's probably been watching too many police and crime films and TV shows! He probably saw Prison Break and thought, oh this will be a piece of cake, I can walk it LOL They believe everything they see on TV, the poor fools!

Gabe

I guess they are wondering how he escaped the holding cell now! In a place full of police the odds were stacked against him anyhow and he's made it worse for himself.

missbishi

That was a great example to set to the other cops. We often think of those at the top (of any profession, not just law enforcement) as unwilling to get their hands dirty or as being out of touch with the workforce. He will have put guys half his age to shame that day!