Seatbelt Law Question

MsJLO

Just wondering something here. If by law in your State you are required to wear your seat belt, and as the driver you are buckled in. But, the strap that goes over your chest is really uncomfortable so you slide that part under your arm. Technically you are still wearing your seatbelt, can you still get a ticket for that?

Whitewolf2578

Well I mean that is the strap that keeps your head flying into the front windshield, I would just get one of those things that put on straps to make them more comfortable rather than risk getting killed in an accident. I think it depends on the state, but I am pretty sure you could get a ticket for wearing your seat belt wrong, Police might pull you over thinking you are mentally retarded and shouldn't be driving a car.

MsJLO

Ok, I'm not trying to quibble here really. True, it is to your better interest to wear a seatbelt, I get that. But shouldn't it be up the the individual driving to decide if they choose to wear it? It just seems like the real violation, is being told what you HAVE to do when you are inside your own property.

LitoLawless

Wow, I never knew you could really get that technical with it. I thought as long as you were strapped in in one way or another then you really didn't have anything to worry about. I also didn't know that seatbelt laws differ from state to state.

ThatGuyWithTheHat

Wow, Whitewolf, why are you getting so aggressive over something as simple as seatbelts?

Honestly, I think seatbelt laws are a joke. While I always wear mine because I don't have that much faith in my driving abilities, I feel that it should be optional.

What's next? A law that says you have to tie your shoes? I mean, it's common sense, but that doesn't mean it should be compulsory.

MsJLO

Wow, Whitewolf, why are you getting so aggressive over something as simple as seatbelts?

Honestly, I think seatbelt laws are a joke. While I always wear mine because I don't have that much faith in my driving abilities, I feel that it should be optional.

What's next? A law that says you have to tie your shoes? I mean, it's common sense, but that doesn't mean it should be compulsory.

Wow finally someone that gets me ..... I couldn't have said it better. Its not the Police that make the laws, and I imagine they hate having to be the enforcers sometimes.

Rocky55119

Hmmm...

I would keep the seatbelt on normal, I much rather an uncomfortable ride than risk my life being torn away at an instant. If it is very uncomfortable, loosen the seat belt a bit(you can do so by adjusting it where the seatbelt connects to your car frame) and/or work on a compromise for it. (ie: adjusting your seat placement, etc.)