Second Ebola victim to fly to US....wonderful

LuckyGirl08

I understand that the US has the best facilities to treat diseases but I do not see how it is right that people are coming here and bring new diseases. I get that they infected people are isolated but look at the two nurses that got the disease from that man. You never know who they came in contact with before being diagnosed with Ebola. They could have had tended to other patients. I just feel like the US should have took more precautions about bringing the disease here.

Onionman

This story is definitely going to run and run. As must as countries in the West are trying to incubate suspected cases and tighten their borders, we're living in a globalized world where the freedom of movement makes it harder to limit the spread of such viruses. We'll all have to remain vigilant.

Rhoda D'Ettore

One of the scary things about this is that a person becomes contagious when they begin feeling symptoms. Symptoms (unlike signs) are subjective. What if I have a headache today, but I think nothing of it? That headache may by symptomatic, making me contagious. Then three days from now I get a fever and begin to suspect ebola. That means in three days I have to figure out who I had contact with? What if I am a woman going through menopause and have hot flashes? I confuse this with the symptomatic fever and do not report myself until I get worse? For these types of reasons, EVERYONE coming into the country should be quarantined. If you do not want to be quarantined, then do not come here. If you are American coming back home, then you should be understanding.

DancingLady

There is just no reason why people should be allowed to leave affected countries without being quarantined on African soil before their departure. I don't see why any nation is accepting passenger who have not done this. I don't care where a person is from or where they are going, they need to know before they enter west Africa that this is the condition of their return, they can deal with it or just not go.

cc1001

I honestly don't know what to think of the Ebola outbreak. Now that is in the news a lot I want to study the situation more. My hope is to be more informative about what is going on with this disease. It seems with the proper treatment there are people who survived from Ebola so it appears with the proper treatment someone can live. I guess other factors are involved as well. I am glad to see it is somehow treatable.

Great! You would think it would be easier to just keep it contained and fly doctors out there. Maybe they're not willing to go. I don't know why they are bringing people here. It makes you wonder how much they are paying to get treatment here in the states.

I think it would be better to fly the doctors out there. For one they are willing to treat them here in the U.S with all the risk so why not just go there and protect the rest of the world from the outbreak and get it all done there. I'm sure the treatment is very costly but from what they say it is no cure so whatkind of treatment is even worth bringing the patients back to the U.S.? That makes me wonder, lol.

Gin0710

The doctors made a choice to help people. They deserve all the support they can get. They can get better treatment in the states than they can in West Africa.

Fifty

This ridiculous overreaction to Ebola is absolutely silly. Even Nigeria has contained the virus - just think of the Flu that kills a lot more people and spreads a lot easier, too. It's not anyone's fault for being scared but blame the 24/7 sensationalist news media with nothing else to cover, slow news day, EBOLA!

LongShot

They are flying people back because keeping them their is suicide. They have a better shot of getting better here in America then in Africa. We even have experimental vaccines that have shown promise from what I read.

Gin0710

Did anyone ever see the movie Quarantine? That's where I see this country heading. If we let the government take control of this (and not the health care workers) it's going to turn into something similar to that movie Quarantine. Only this time they could block off entire neighborhoods and shoot people that try to come out of their houses. This is scary! Ebola doesn't scare me, the way the government is handling it does!