Second Officer in one week to be killed in New Jersey

admin

Administrator
Staff member
christopher_goodell.jpg

Officer Christopher Goodell of Waldwick New Jersey was rear ended by a tractor trailer early Thursday morning. The Officer Goodell was operating a radar gun checking for speeders on Route 17. The tractor trailer veered onto the shoulder of the road and struck officers Goodell's unmarked vehicle according to Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli. The truck driver was not injured in the crash and was able to call 911. Molinelli said police are trying to determine what made the truck driver Ryon Cumberbatch, 29 of Brooklyn swerve. The accident is under investigation.

Officer Christopher Goodell was 32 years old and a five year veteran of the police department and a graduate of Waldwick High School. Officer Christopher Goodell was engaged to be married

Our prayers go out the to the Goodell family and friends.

Officer Goodell is Honored at his Funeral.

Attachments

• christopher_goodell.jpg
    christopher_goodell.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

Riggy

It's very unfortunate of the lactation he was in at the time. The truck driver must be feeling terrible for the accident. I hope he doesn't get prosecuted as it wasn't his fault. A terrible time for the families of the officer.

Peninha

What a terrible accident, my respects to the family of the officer, my thoughts and prayers are with them.