Should I join the Academy?

diecarmona

I'm a 20 year old. Got all the requirements met for the Academy. The only problem is: I am a drug addict. I'm clean now, though, thank God. But I was wondering if this factor would limit me as far as Police training goes. Do I qualify just the same or am I too "problematic" for the force?

Thanks for the help!

Fifty

I'm not a drug addict, or ex-drug addict, but I have the same question so I'd like to piggy back on your question - what does joining the police academy entail and what are the actual recruitment rates once out?

JoshPosh

Banned
As long as your clean for awhile and have no psychological problems because of the drug use, you should be ok. Go ahead and take the plunge. It's going to be a life changing event.

diecarmona

As long as your clean for awhile and have no psychological problems because of the drug use, you should be ok. Go ahead and take the plunge. It's going to be a life changing event.

Thanks for your support. I actualy already applied, I'm currently waiting on a response. I meet all the requirements so I'm sure they'll let me in, and after that I gotta prove myself. I'm really excited about this new path I'm taking. I'll keep you updated. Again, thanks for the support.

Profit5500

I agree, if you're clean I don't see why you can't get a second chance, best of luck!
I think that would depend on the department you are going for and the state your in. I would also ask questions about the requirements just to be sure about joining their academy.