SHould Women Be Armed?

ally79

Well yes I do, but a weapon is not always the beast thing. For one, they have to know how to use the weapon, and second they can't have any fear to us it. I know women who carry weapons but have a fear of using them.

I agree with you there. Women who haven't been properly trained and aren't comfortable shouldn't carry daily, although they still might want to consider a shotgun for home defense, particularly if they live alone. One of the first things they teach you about guns if you take a self defense course is that yes, this weapon is capable of taking another human life, and if you aren't prepared to do that then you shouldn't be here.

I hope and pray I never ever have to use my gun in the defense of myself or my family, but I am completely at peace with what the consequences of that might be.

Josie

I'll have to look into this again, but from what I remember, most things you can protect yourself with aren't allowed here. Which is ridiculous. Canada is doing great with the guns thing.. I don't think anyone should be armed in that way, but I do think being able to harm someone that is hurting you, or threaten someone who wants to, should be within our rights.

pandabear1991

I am one to say "hopefully I will never be in that situation," but unfortunately you cannot control/read others. My husband wants me to learn how to use and shoot a gun, and I keep backing away from his suggestion. However, the more I see/hear, the more I cower to his idea--especially since I have a child. I don't want to be left in a situation where I cannot defend myself let alone not defend my child. Therefore, we are looking into self defense classes for this summer.

Whitewolf2578

Everyone should be armed, I don't think sex is really the issue here because I know plenty of women that I would be afraid to meet in a dark place, but yes I think if they are going to be out late in a dark place they should carry a whistle or pepper spray because they are targeted by perverts a lot of the time.

dyanmarie25

As a woman, yes, I definitely agree that women should be armed. I have almost experienced a sexual assault once, and thankfully, nothing really bad happened to me. So if something like that happens again, I think it should be better if this time, I could really protect myself properly. I am considering buying pepper spray, actually. I already have a cutter but I know that's not enough.

FuZyOn

I don't have a problem with it. Everyone needs to have some kind of protection and if carrying a gun helps with their panic issues I don't see the problem.
They could also go for other weapons that are less dangerous, like pepper spray or something sharp.

Rosyrain

I am a woman and I live in a community in which I have never felt the need to really make sure I am armed at all times. I'm not saying that nothing could ever happen to me, but I would be much more concerned if I lived in a worse community

Onionman

I'm not sure that arming one sex in case the other sex attacks is the answer to our problems. If anything, if 50% of the population have weapons I can only see it leading to more problems out there. Criminals would certainly see them as potential targets simply so that they can get hold of any guns they might be carrying. I'm not sure what the answer is though.