Simple workouts at your desk?

Patrick

For those of us working office jobs, (even police have to deal with paperwork), how do you take breaks and keep fit at your desk despite being forced to remain sedentary?

What I do is to stand up and stretch every hour. I also keep a pair of fine grippers nearby so I can exercise my hands whenever I'm idle at the desk.

soconfused

Grippers are the most common desk objects to keep some activity going on, most people tend to walk around a bit that has to be the most common thing to do, there are certain yoga techniques that you can do on your chair as well worth a try!

shreklock

You can also drink lots of water, as you will get up to get a drink and later get up again to go to the toilet.

Patrick

You can also drink lots of water, as you will get up to get a drink and later get up again to go to the toilet.

This is first time I've heard of this, pretty unique way of working out! I guess while you're at it you should drink ice cold water, it forces your body to produce more heat and burn more calories.

helaofthenorns

I just stand up and roam the office. I mean the whole building. 3 floors, and I walk up and down twice. Then, I go back to my desk.

sillylucy

I like to make it a rule that I look away from my computer screen at least once every 20 minutes. Remember that your eyes are muscles and they get strained and tired too! Then I get up and walk around my office. Just getting my heart pumping really helps.

Patrick

I just stand up and roam the office. I mean the whole building. 3 floors, and I walk up and down twice. Then, I go back to my desk.

I would imagine that you can only do this during lunch break? My boss would rage if I suddenly went missing for over 10 minutes, roaming around the office building!

Patrick

I like to make it a rule that I look away from my computer screen at least once every 20 minutes. Remember that your eyes are muscles and they get strained and tired too! Then I get up and walk around my office. Just getting my heart pumping really helps.

Thanks for pointing it out Lucy! Taking care of your eyes is definitely something you can integrate into your simple office workout :D