Slow cars driving with loud music at night?

Morvack

Hello, I am hoping to get some advice. When I lay down at night, anywhere from 9pm to 4 am, cars will pass by my home, playing music extremely loud, and driving at a snails speed. I could see this being reasonable if I lived in the heart of town, but I don't. I live in a neighborhood side street. Is there anything that can be done about this? I would love to go down to my local police barracks and report it so a trap can be set, but I am not sure if officers accept these forms of tips from concerned (or in my case, annoyed) citizens, so I thought I would ask here :D.

I look forward to, and greatly appreciate all replies.

DancingLady

Call your city and ask if their is a noise ordinance. Some cities and towns have an ordinance against loud noise after 10PM or whatever hour they choose. If they have one, let them know what is going on, basically file a complaint. That way they can let the cops know there is an issue going on in your neighborhood and they can send someone out there to let the offending person or persons know they are violating the noise ordinance.