Small Plane Crashes at Kansas Airport

Anthony

Super Moderator
planecrash.jpg
A small plane crashed into a building at a Kansas airport Thursday morning. Four people have died, five are injured and four others remain unaccounted, according to authorities.
The small plane lost power after takeoff and crashed into the top of the Flight Safety Building while the pilot attempted to return to the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport, a FAA spokeswoman said.
Authorities say the pilot was the only person on the plane, but it wasn't immediately clear how many people were inside the building.
The search was delayed after part of the building collapsed, but Wichita Fire Marshal Brad Crisp said the search would resume as soon as the building was stable.
"We understand that this is a very difficult time, especially for folks who have family members who are working out here and they don't know," Crisp said.
FAA investigators are on the scene. The FBI is also assisting in the investigation because it is protocol to respond to "any and all plane crashes at airports."
We will continue to bring you the latest developments as they become available.
[video=youtube_share;4aMbHZ9qEIM]http://youtu.be/4aMbHZ9qEIM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

askanison

Brad Crisp, that name for a fireman is just epic. I am sorry people were killed in this horrible accident, but also happy that the news didn't freak out and report terror acts or something crazy. I first saw the news of it on Yahoo news and followed it until they reported finally that it was a small plane that had went down.

Gelsemium

I am so sorry for the casualties, it's always a risk to fly, but at the same time it's still safe than driving a car.

Peninha

Impressive images, these accidents can happen at anytime, but the casualties are something that we always regret.