So, if you won the lottery would you continue to work?

JayeeDolo

keep working. would not want to get bored not working. I see too many people who retired and get depressed because they felt useless and not enjoying retirement.

bala

Yes I would because u never know when that money can run down the drain,u sure will need back up plans.I would say,i will save this up for my future and use the money i earn for my feeding.I might buy some shares with that money and expect it to quadruple..:p

stevesxs9

For me it depends on how much I win. If I felt it was sufficient for the rest of my life and children's lives, then I would.

dariel2323

Of course not. Contract good financial advisors, certified, intelligent, serious and experienced. They help me to my money grow.

Profit5500

The smart thing to do with the lottery money is invest it into shares and also think of investing the money into a Roth IRA. Especially when those Microsoft shares rise up in value that would be more dividends in my pocket LOL. The only thing with the lottery is the amount of tax that gets taken away from it.

PhilA

Absolutely not, in fact I only need a small win as motivation to get out of my crappy day job.

askanison

Not for who I work for now no. I would make or find a job I enjoyed, that gave me pride, and that helped people not harm or prey upon them.

ic3squid

Yeah, I can't just lay back and relax for my whole life, I need to do something. Whether it be part time or full time, I just need to do something. Not be lazy.

Muthoni

Yes I would still continue to work even if I won the lottery. I would cut down on the hours to a few hours a week so that I can have adequate time to enjoy my new fortune. I will make sure to travel and see how others live. In addition I will help someone in need because I will be one of the most fortunate people to win in a lottery.

Ricardo187

Depending on the value I'd invest it and educate myself to manage the business I invest it on. I surely wouldn't stop working though. You never know what the future reserves you.

headmaster

I would continue to 'work' but not in the general sense of striving to do something for financial gain. I would wake up each morning with a new idea and try and make it happen. Considering that the stress of wondering where the rent money is going to come from has been lifted off my shoulders, I would expect to create software that would bring real and beneficial utility and value to the world.

Whitewolf2578

Heck yeah I would continue to work. I have been unemployed a few times in my life and it is super boring just doing nothing. I would want to continue working for the social aspect of it. Plus my paycheck would be used for simple things such as Gas for my car. If I won the lotto, I would probably just invest it rather than peeing in my pants with over excitement and then rush off to spend it all on something useless like a super fast car.

Profit5500

If I was working full time and won the lottery I would use the money to form up my own money making blog. I would also invest the money into dividend stocks which I would go for having stocks that are good for the long run. The money from lottery is good but you have to know what you are doing with it so just having lottery money is not enough.

oraclemay

Yes, I would write what I wanted to write and never write anything for a client again! I would travel while I work. My job would be my laptop and that can travel anywhere. I would invest and make sure I grow my money. If given this opportunity, I will not mess it up. Most lottery winners are bankrupt within a few years.

nikkilsvgs

I would invest a good portion of that money so I can have a really nice cushion. I would still work though because I enjoy what I do.

m.hicks

I would have to say I would keep working. I come from a small farming community and have always worked in one way or another. I don't know what I would do with myself if I wasn't working. I defiantly wouldn't work as much as I do but I would continue to work. Also I feel it would show my children that even if your lucky enough to suddenly have a lot of money you still need to be responsible and productive.

helaofthenorns

Of course, I will! I'm not the kind of person who only sits around and spends money. I need to work. I need to spend my time doing something or just some work. Besides, money runs out eventually. Not working despite winning the lottery is the flaw of many sudden-millionaires.

Trickster

Yes, because I enjoy my work and it makes me feel like I'm actually contributing to the society.
But I would probably take some of that money to make it easier - maybe hire someone to help me or get some programs to automate some of the tasks.

But first I'd had a blast in Vegas! :D