So Sad...

Gabe

Unfortunately there are parents who are drug users and are irresponsible. You can't stop people from having children, but people should adopt a responsible attitude when children are concerned.They should either stop using drugs or give the child up for adoption if you can't bring them up in a safe environment.

bala

ugghh..That's the most saddening stuff i have heard today.This actually gives rise to a number of questions,why was the meth even there.The statement though given to them is apt.They deserve the punishment and they have to live with the fact that they killed their baby.

Verdict : "facing first-degree murder charges for leaving drugs where the baby could get them."

dyanmarie25

These kinds of people don't deserve to have children. It's really sad to know there are still irresponsible parents. My heart goes to the baby.

Josie

Already known to authorities and nothing was done about this child. People who have drug problems should not be able to have their children in their homes until they're cleaned up. All these organizations in place to protect children and the truly in need are the ones who suffer.. yet I see perfectly happy (adoptable!?) children taken from their homes and loving families.

katherine25

This is more than sad its angering! If you cant properly care for your children then you shouldn't be having them or at the very least you shouldn't be keeping them. How selfish of these parents to put their own needs ahead of their child. Its one thing to do drugs but to keep it out in sight for a child to get it is inexcusable

DancingLady

ugghh..That's the most saddening stuff i have heard today.This actually gives rise to a number of questions,why was the meth even there.The statement though given to them is apt.They deserve the punishment and they have to live with the fact that they killed their baby.

Verdict : "facing first-degree murder charges for leaving drugs where the baby could get them."

I think first degree murder would be a totally inappropriate charge unless the parents planned to and followed through with giving the child meth to kill them. If this death was an accident caused by other illegal and irresponsible actions, I believe the charge should be 3rd degree.

oraclemay

I think the saddest thing about this is that in most of these cases the authorities are aware of what is going on and they just don't do anything about it. In most instances these children could have been saved.

JoanMcWench

I'm going to play the devil's advocate on this one: If the child died swallowing something that's not illegal (marbles, Advil, or anything) would people feel the same way about the situation? Likely not. It's easy to cast them in the light of 'reckless drug dealers'. Do I feel these parents are responsible? Yes. Do I feel they were careless? Yes. Do I feel they deserve everything coming to them? I do.

lushlala

This is just too sad for words! Like Josie says, it's baffling that although the parents were known to the police and had previously been arrested for drug possession, nothing appears to have been done to safeguard the baby's wellbeing. Not only was this baby failed by his parents, but by everyone around him. The parents clearly cared more for their drugs than the baby, so why didn't they give him up for adoption?? I'm glad that they're both facing first degree murder charges. Anything less would have been of great injustice to the poor, innocent baby who did not ask to be born!

musicmonster

If only a lot of people know the brevity of this subject, then we wont have to deal with it. Awareness is key and sadly, it's not available to most people.

Diane Lane

Unfortunately, many people in this situation regard children as property, as well as income producers. They often live in subsidized housing, get food stamps, and often (especially if the children are born drug-addicted, or have issues due to the parents' prior drug use), are receiving SSI and Medicaid for each of their children. If you have enough children, that can add up. And, before anyone jumps on me for saying that, yes, of course there are people who are not in the above categories, but I'm talking about the majority, and yes, I've seen it in real life, not just television shows and movies. Parents like this often do not take care of their children, which is probably why this child ingested the drugs and died. If they give their child(ren) up for adoption, they will no longer qualify for many of the benefits they receive, and might actually have to find other ways to come up with income. I don't know if that was the case with this set of parents, but it is the case for many out there, and it's a sad life for children living in those situations.

Onionman

Sometimes I do feel that some people shouldn't be allowed to have children. Or rather, if they are living a certain lifestyle their children should certainly be kept with the social services. Regardless, it's extremely sad that the poor child has to suffer for the incompetency of its parents.

Diane Lane

When I was working with foster children and CPS cases, I saw way too many children going back into homes that were, in my opinion, questionable. It's also sad how many parents farm out their children to relatives and don't take care of them, but still collect the money from the government, which shows what they truly value. The relatives unofficially raise the children because they love them and it's in the best interests of the children, but they're soft of forced to keep their mouths shut, because otherwise, the parents will take it out on the children. Those children are still better off than this one, obviously, but the situations are similar, because the parents just don't care, or don't care enough to do right by the children.

mrsbright

Wow, something about the irresponsibility of that stories remind me of Trainspotting. They had that baby, and the mom did love her kid, but they all were high on heroin all the time -- and totally did not remember to care about the child. At some point they realized the baby had died of thirst and it was so... horrible. It looked awful and all.

missbishi

Wow, something about the irresponsibility of that stories remind me of Trainspotting. They had that baby, and the mom did love her kid, but they all were high on heroin all the time -- and totally did not remember to care about the child. At some point they realized the baby had died of thirst and it was so... horrible. It looked awful and all.

That really was awful wasn't it! And then Renton starts getting hallucinations involving the dead bady whilst he's in withdrawal...

Maybe Trainspotting should be shown in schools as part of their antidrugs education?

thegrey1

I want to know how an 11 week old baby can crawl through a house and ingest meth??? My babies weren't crawling at 11 weeks. Anyway this scum needs to be put away for life, so they can't produce anymore poor little victims. They don't even have youth as an excuse! I think there is more to this story.