Spirituality and crime

SamClemensMT

I saw a woman standing outside a supermarket with a sign that read "Y'all Need Jesus". It lead me to wonder about the wild stories we read in the news. Jesus preached a gospel of love and justice, caring for the weak and powerless. This Christmas I'm thinking the same thing as that lady. We all need to stand for the philosophies of Jesus. Even if you are not a Christian, or if you're an atheist, nobody can deny that the essence what Jesus preached is good for humanity. Negative spiritual forces create crime and suffering. Positive spiritual forces produce prosperity and healing.

jeremy2

I saw a woman standing outside a supermarket with a sign that read "Y'all Need Jesus". It lead me to wonder about the wild stories we read in the news. Jesus preached a gospel of love and justice, caring for the weak and powerless. This Christmas I'm thinking the same thing as that lady. We all need to stand for the philosophies of Jesus. Even if your not a Christian, or if you're an atheist, nobody can deny that the essence what Jesus preached is good for humanity. Negative spiritual forces create crime and suffering. Positive spiritual forces produce prosperity and healing.

I believe that without God's grace,this world would surely be on the verge of total chaos and destruction.Without the love of God and his mercies upon us,we would all be lost and on the brink of extinction.

Kamarsun1

I agree and I am not a christian. I do believe in the principles of Jesus, and christ consciousness is important for all humans. His message was universal and can be applied to all of mankind.

stevesxs9

You make a great point, however a great deal of the civilized world has the freedom of thought and unfortunately, that leads quite a few to act out their criminal and violent thoughts. I think it starts with the state of mind and that can be changed by following Christ in my opinion.

Nate5

I definitely think so. Religion is definitely not something for me, but I can respect the people who follow the teachings of Jesus, and I respect the amount of good that religion has done for many people. It's unfortunate that some radicals twist these teachings for their own nefarious purposes. The majority of humanity just wants peace and understanding.

SamClemensMT

The key is to always stand for what is right, no matter what. This will remove so much negativity from the world that we wouldn't recognize the place. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Patrick

While I'm not the religious type I fully embrace all the positive values and teachings. For this reason I also really admire Pope Francis and what he's doing, trying to resolve conflict between religious groups/atheists/homosexuals and emphasizing on the need to adopt morals and values instead.

shilpa123

I believe spiritualty is all about being a good human being and one should not think about mixing it with crimes. The person who commits crime does not think about being spiritual. I think it is always best to not think about crime a way too much while being a good worshipper of God.

LitoLawless

I highly believe that positivity breeds positivity and vice versa, but I also believe that the problem is way bigger that just faith. I don't think it's a matter of Jesus or not, I just think that it's a matter of some people not being exposed to the same positivity that others might have. Maybe there is some Jesus in that positivity though, I don't think that's really for me to say.

Rainman

Irreligious people and those of other faiths fail to take into account the one fact that Jesus didn't merely preach. He lived that life. When He said love your neighbor He meant it all the way. What we need in the world is love. Most religions preach it and I'm sure even atheists and agnostics would like to be loved. If only everyone could learn to love others unconditionally we'd never hear of crimes.

weepforsweep

One of the few things to come out of the Bible is the golden rule. If you cut out the old testament, then the bible wouldn't be too terrible.

Muthoni

First I must congratulate this woman for having the guts to stand in public to rely this information. It is very true that we need Jesus and what He stands for. He stood for the ultimate love of mankind to an extent of dying for us so that we can be reconciled with God. If this woman lived in my region I would have stood by her side to declare the same message.

mrsbright

We need goodness in our life. We need peace. We need love. We need to believe that this world can be better.

If for you, Jesus is that door, then good. Take it, embrace it, and don't betray it and don't use it as a pretext for advancing your agenda like so many people do.

If you are not religious, Jesus might not be that door. He's cool, sure. He may have lessons worth teaching; always good to have an open mind. I don't really need Jesus in my life. I need me and the people around me to do their best for good, though.

For some, it's the same.

And it can be. Doesn't really matter what way we take, as long as it hurts nobody, and the end goal is happiness and peace, right?

missbishi

I am not really a Christian, but I do think the Bible basically teaches common sense and good manners. Do unto others etc. I think these are basic rules for any civilized society, not just Christian ones and when these points are overlooked, problems occur.