Starting pay for a rookie?

Rainman

The payment varies based on a number of factors: region, education and so on. For example, a rookie officer with a high school diploma won't earn as much as an officer with a bachelor's degree. But on average police officers who've just come out from the academy get paid between $26,000 — $49,000.

bala

The payment varies based on a number of factors: region, education and so on. For example, a rookie officer with a high school diploma won't earn as much as an officer with a bachelor's degree. But on average police officers who've just come out from the academy get paid between $26,000 — $49,000.
I am sorry for sounding like a noob here,but would any bachelor's degree suffice..?
I asked this because it sounds like a good starting pay for a rookie.
Moreover,for how many months do they train at the academy..?

Profit5500

I am sorry for sounding like a noob here,but would any bachelor's degree suffice..?
I would not say that is a noob question but its a good question since there are numerous factors. I believe with a bachelor's degree you would probably start off around $49,000-$62,000 but I don't know. I remember being at Modesto Junior College one time since they had a career day and I asked a CHP officer who has her bachelor's degree and she said she was making like $75,000 a year. I think she might have been like a corporal or something but it is a good thing to have that degree in your hands.

GemmaRowlands

There is so much about it than just your degree, though. You would also have to show that you have the right kind of personality, and of course you would also have to have a high level of fitness, which is something that many people would never be able to achieve. If you're just thinking about the money that you would be earning, it is unlikely that you would be able to be enthusiastic enough to get through the training. You have to really "want" this, as it is very tough to get into the force. I wish you the best of luck, and urge you to apply - the worst that can happen is that they say no, but at least you will have tried.

I think the amount of pay you would receive would also depend on the area that you are working. Nicer neighborhoods will need fewer cops but will likely pay them more.

headmaster

Here in Kenya, it is between $197-$376 for a junior constable, while the Police Commissioner gets between $7,500-$10,000. This puts a general picture at society's woes. In the end the poor guy trying to eke out a living suffers.

Riggy

Here in Kenya, it is between $197-$376 for a junior constable, while the Police Commissioner gets between $7,500-$10,000. This puts a general picture at society's woes. In the end the poor guy trying to eke out a living suffers.

I'm sorry.. but am I reading this correctly? Have you converted the pay to dollars? A police officer will make only $197-$376 IN A YEAR?? This can not be right.

joshua minaya

Well to me based on what i have seen here i will be of the opinion that it should be increased because the average pay i am seeing here does not look to convincing when we put into account the amount of risk that goes with the job