State Police Stationed at Kaci Hickox's Home

Kate

The Maine State Police are today stationed outside the home of the nurse, Kaci Hickox, who refuses to obey the quarantine for returning Ebola workers in Africa.

I'm having trouble understanding this one. I don't know why she thinks it's a good idea to turn this into a political issue when so much is at stake. The facts, as have been reported are that (1) she spent considerable time working with Ebola patients in Africa (I presume without Hazmat suit, but could be wrong... not that it matters, as proven in Texas) (2) When she was screened after flying back, her temperature was recorded at over 100 degrees. That's quarantine level.

So NOW she has announced to any media that would listen, that she's going to disobey the quarantine. What could people be thinking who put personal politics ahead of the overall health concern of U.S. citizens? It's surreal... she had a *fever!* Not sure what rationalization would make anyone think it would be a good idea to NOT quarantine these workers, especially those without suit protection *and* who had a fever when they flew back to American soil. Wouldn't a nurse be trained to KNOW these things are in place for a good reason?

Can anyone explain this line of thinking, and why anyone would consider it wise? This isn't the Swine Flu that may kill some people, but most get over... this is something like we've never seen before.