State Trooper Saves Man From Suicide Attempt

Anthony

Super Moderator
StateTrooperKim.jpg
A Maryland State Trooper saved the life of a man attempting to jump off the Tydings Memorial Bridge in Cecil County.

State Trooper Joshua Kim was driving on the bridge when he spotted a potential jumper standing near the bridge railing on August 9th, 2014. As Trooper Kim pulled up to the man, he attempted to wave off the trooper, and then started to climb over the bridge. He quickly got out of his car and sprang into action, saving the life of the man before any harm could be done.

Video taken by the trooper's dash-cam recorded the dramatic moment he ran towards the man and pulled him away as he attempted to climb over the edge.

"Most of what you see in that video is me thinking on my own because I didn't want to go over the bridge with him," Kim said, "So I got down on my knees and pulled him back."

The trooper transported the man to Hartford Memorial Hospital, where he is being evaluated.
Authorities say the man, whose name they did not release, told them he had problems with his daughter and medical problems.

"It could have been tragic for both of them," Maryland State police spokesperson Elena Russo said. "It took a lot of courage putting his own life in danger," she added.

State Police has posted the video on their Facebook page and YouTube in celebration of Kim's bravery.

Last edited:

Muthoni

This story gives me hope in the goodness of Mankind. This officer put his life at risk to save someone who did not want to live momentary. I hope that this man obtains help so that he can live a more fulfilling life after being saved. Congrats state trooper Joshua Kim for your devotion and quick action that prevented a tragedy.

Strykstar

Fantastic work by the police officer!
Not only did he spot the jumper and stop his car, he immediately rushed towards him to catch him.
Hopefully this doesn't end with one of those frivolous lawsuits, like him saying the officer hurt his arm so he wants compensation...

Gelsemium

Wow, that was right in the limit, well done! I can't imagine the feeling of saving someone's life, great job from him and I hope that man can be dissuaded from taking his own life.

Riggy

Absolutely brilliantly uplifting video! It must be the greatest feeling to save a person's life and help them through their hardships. I wonder how the person is getting along now. I hope the officer and the citizen are good friends!