Street Racing

Patrick

While street races are definitely illegal, which parties involved would bear the heaviest punishment, and under what charges? The racers and betters would definitely not be let off easily. If I were just watching the race, would I be arrested and charged?

Also, which members of the police are involved in busting street races? Is it the same unit as traffic police?

sillylucy

There are a lot of street races here and the kids like to race on the main road. I know that they are having check points on this street to deter racing there, but the kids just moved to the alleys. I think they give big tickets to the drivers and break up the crowds to check if they are drinking.

JoshPosh

Banned
If you do get busted for street racing, be ready to face the penalties. Your car insurance will go through the roof. Is it really worth it? Just go to the local race track.

Fifty

If you do get busted for street racing, be ready to face the penalties. Your car insurance will go through the roof. Is it really worth it? Just go to the local race track.

I agree - I don't understand the point of street racing at all. I've seen the cross-country 'events' which were cute but certainly served no other purpose than to provide an excuse to use the highways as a means of travel. It forced the cops to give out tickets for 5MPH over just because they profiled your car.

Profit5500

Its simple just do not street race and you would not get a ticket. Insurance companies would be happy knowing that they got your money and more of it so do not street race. You can also lose control of the car and hurt or kill yourself and someone else.

januz101

Street racing are common for rich kids who are car enthusiast. I have attended street racing with some of my friends twice. Though I was only a spectator then. These kids love and feed off from the hype and thrill of street racing. Logic is not needed, if they want to do something thrilling and exciting then they would do it in a heartbeat. And though this is illegal, the best that police officer can do to them is give them a fine. These kids have more than enough money to hire an arsenal of lawyers. Remember you are dealing with rich brats here with nothing better to do than pretend to be an F1 racer.