Suspect may have abandoned, booby-trapped car as manhunt expands

Anthony

Super Moderator
James Lee DiMaggio, 40, suspected of killing two people and kidnapping a 16-year-old girl may have turned his vehicle into a deadly booby-trap as he leads police on a manhunt that started six days ago and has expanded throughout the West Coast and into Mexico and Canada.
The suspect took off with the girl in a blue Nissan Versa with California license plates. Authorities cautioned that with Amber Alerts issued in several states for the car, DiMaggio may abandon the car and leave it rigged with explosives. They advise to stay far back if you spot the vehicle and to immediately call the police. Oregon State Police say they have received more than 130 tips after an alert was issued.
DiMaggio is believed to have had a crush on Hannah Anderson, and is believed to have taken her on the run, San Diego County Sheriff's Capt. Duncan Fraser said. San Diego Sheriff’s Homicide Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said he believes Hannah is in ‘grave danger.’
“We want to warn members of the public that the vehicle and any place Mr. DiMaggio may have been could be in danger due to booby traps or explosives,†San Diego Sheriff’s Homicide Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said.
Authorities declined to say what led investigators to believe DiMaggio had access to explosives. DiMaggio, is an avid outdoorsman, could be camping in a remote area, Giannantonio said.
A neighbor also told reporters that Hannah was afraid of DiMaggio and did not want to be around him anymore, but 'she didn't know how to tell anyone.'
"She's strong, she will make it through this," the neighbor said. "She’s smart and I pray to God, she’s just playing into whatever he's doing," she said. “I know she’ll get away. I can feel it, she will come home."