Taking The Law Into Your Own Hands...

Teens In Crisis

Has anyone ever just had enough? Been tired of seeing someone get away with things for too damn long? Been pushed past their breaking point, and taken the law into their own hands?

I know it gets overplayed and glorified on TV and the movies, but it does seem to happen now and then in real life too.

bala

No..actually that will result in more punishment than the crime itself.Constitution prohibits the same because if everyone starts to do it,it becomes public violence which can be grave for everybody.Communal unrest..!!
Again...No i really won't unless the situation is really demanding and i am the only one who can do it.

Gin0710

Has anyone ever just had enough? Been tired of seeing someone get away with things for too damn long? Been pushed past their breaking point, and taken the law into their own hands?

I know it gets overplayed and glorified on TV and the movies, but it does seem to happen now and then in real life too.

Yes. We need a Dexter...badly!!

Patrick

I wouldn't do that, tempting as it is...if you got caught the punishments would be harsh. The ends also do not justify the means.

pattycake

I sure do love the movie Death Wish, though in real life one can always intercept and defend someone being attacked. I wouldn't consider this taking the law into your hands, but simply reaching out to help someone in danger. But in some cases, the hero gets killed in the battle.

Muthoni

Truth be told, I have never taken the law into my own hands. I know that some people get away with too much. I believe that what we put out has a way of returning to us at some point. It could delay but surely it will come to pass. I have learn to walk away when pushed too far and leave everything to karma. Karma gives back in thousands.

bala

I sure do love the movie Death Wish, though in real life one can always intercept and defend someone being attacked. I wouldn't consider this taking the law into your hands, but simply reaching out to help someone in danger. But in some cases, the hero gets killed in the battle.
Well in instances of life endangering moments you are allowed to do so,assuming what you did occurs as correct to magistrate..It really depends on the situation right..:p

Gelsemium

I have never done that and to be honest I think that only people that lose it do that, in those case usually we lose all the reason we had...

DancingLady

I would not do that, ever. Self defense is one thing, or the defense of another person, but that is the limit. If you know of someone getting away with a crime, report your observations and the police can check into it.

pattycake

Truth be told, I have never taken the law into my own hands. I know that some people get away with too much. I believe that what we put out has a way of returning to us at some point. It could delay but surely it will come to pass. I have learn to walk away when pushed too far and leave everything to karma. Karma gives back in thousands.

I couldn't see somebody defenseless like a woman or child being attacked and do nothing. I would have to do something to stop the perp.

pattycake

Well in instances of life endangering moments you are allowed to do so,assuming what you did occurs as correct to magistrate..It really depends on the situation right..:p

The only thing I can see as depending is if you're actually going around looking for an incident to intercept like Paul Kersey did in Death Wish. But if you're just walking along and come across somebody being attacked, then stepping in and doing something to stop it I don't consider to be taking the law into your own hands. It's helping somebody in trouble. The act is on impulse, unplanned, and instinctive.

stevesxs9

There's probably been many cases where people have had to make a choice of abiding by the law or breaking it. Each case was a little different than the other. All I can say is, you never know what you might do until your put into one of those situations.

Onionman

I haven't heard about a full-blown vigilante but I do know of neighborhood watch individuals going hunting for wrongdoers. As long as they stay within the laws of the land, things shouldn't be too bad. It's just when they properly take the law into their own hand that I have a problem.

Determined2014

It has happened to me before, there was a neighbour, who would always rob people and steal and all the time he would be taken to court he would just get out and repeat the same crime over and over, so one day I decided to time him and do it, but to my suprise I was not the only one thinking that way, by the time I got to him he had already been burnt up with fire, worse than what I wanted to do.

Gelsemium

Most of the time doing this would get us more trouble than staying quiet. I have issues with my neighbors, but what will I do, assault them?

shilpa123

I think it is never good to take the law into your hands. By taking the law into your own hands you end up being at the bad side of the law which is never good. I would never do such a thing.

jeremy2

Last week, i witnessed a man being lynched by an irate mob after he allegedly stabbed his wife to death after a domestic spat. Apparently, this wasn't the first time for the man to attack his wife and despite numerous trips to the local police station, he wasn't able to desist and this time round, he bore the full brunt of the mob who had been baying for his blood.