Teacher Arrested For Having Sex With Teens While Out On Bail

Rainman

Normally when you hear of sex abuse, the perpetrator it's assumed must be a man. But that's not the case here. Former high school teacher Brianne Altice, 35, had sex with her students while out on bail for sex abuse charges involving other students.
It all started in October 2013, when Altice, 35, was arrested for allegedly having sex with a 16-year-old student multiple times . . . Altice was later accused of raping a third boy, bringing her total felony charge count to ten . . . Altice now faces a whopping 14 charges. She’ll go to a preliminary hearing on January 15 and faces up to life in prison if convicted.
Now neither boys nor girls are safe with their teachers in school?

Muthoni

There is something very wrong with this teacher. Maybe she thought that no one would know what she was up to since she was out on bail. The best punishment for her crimes would be putting her away where there are no school kids. I wonder why intelligent people make very wrong choices.

Kittyworker

I think its bad to assume that there are only male sex offenders. There is a lot of grooming of males by older females its just a case of whether the male dislikes it or if anyone notices it. With anyone in a special position such as teacher-student relationship there will be always risks to both.

fliktor7

I agree, there shouldn't been differences between men or women when we talk about sexual abuses with teenagers. If she has abused those kids, she should go to jail, just like any other person on the same situation.

Law shouldn't be condescendent with this kind of crimes, it's a repugnant and awfull thing to do.

Grumpy

While an awful thing to do etc etc we need to ask, is this really rape? Yes of course there's a legal age of consent for a reason and so on, and these kind of crimes create a lot of stigma, but if a sixteen year old boy wants to have sex, we all know he's going to have sex.

Of course, the law says that because she's a teacher she's in a position of trust, and that makes these types of cases ten times worse, but I can't help but think that if it wasn't for the fact she was a teacher, she wouldn't be being prosecuted for this.

Onionman

This woman clearly needs help. No doubt she got into the career because of her predilection. But she needs to be treated like any other sex offender. Clearly she'll never work as a teacher again. But she's committed a crime and let's hope justice is served.

Rosyrain

This reminds me of that Seattle teacher that was having sex with her student back in the 90s, I forget her name, but she was with the Hawiian kid. They ended up getting married years later and have made public appearances around the area. It is completely disgusting. I have not heard about her in a while so I don't even remember what her name is now.

mrsbright

I do not think teachers, male or female, should be allowed to have sex with their students, consenting or not. If they really "love" this person, then they can wait for them to be out of their school (and at least a while longer, I think, otherwise the grades earned would be void), or quit their jobs. Not abuse their position of trust and authorities. Sure, some students will enjoy the special attention and all, but you can never know for sure how much pressure they might feel, and it just gives the whole school and teacher/student relationship a bad face.

I would not find it disgusting that a student marries a teacher after he's out of school, though. Even though I would not condone a relationship while in school, I'm not sure what is disgusting about them getting married. S'bit like Frank Junior from Friends, in a way :D

Kamarsun1

That's one more reason to homeschool if you ask me. School is just not the same now a days. Not only does a parent have to worry about other students, but also the teachers.

tanker

I am fed up with this type of thing repeatedly happening. What is happening to our nation ? You are supposed to trust these people with our children. Probably she will get little more then a slap on the wrist. Stricter laws should be passed, and if a teacher harms a child they should get twice the normal punishment.

stevesxs9

Obviously these people think what they're doing is right, and that's where the problem is. You're not able to look inside someone's head and tell if they're reliable or responsible. especially if they haven't had any prior problems of sexual misconduct of any kind. All you have to go on is their record.

ally79

This is certainly nothing new but it is sad, and no parent should ever assume that someone is NOT a sex offender just because of their gender. I keep close tabs on the sex offenders in our area and at nearly 50 % of them are women.

Mackmax

This is revolting, and is just as awful as a man having sex with teenage girls. I hope she gets what she deserves.
Yes, teenage males are horny and are going to have sex. But they should not be having sex with a 35 year old woman. I don't care if the boys wanted and enjoyed it, it is still statutory rape, and the boys are still victims. America really needs to re-evaluate exactly who they are hiring as teachers. There are way too many teachers who are just as filthy and despicable as this woman, and there are teachers who are crude and nasty towards their students.

Kittyworker

Obviously these people think what they're doing is right, and that's where the problem is. You're not able to look inside someone's head and tell if they're reliable or responsible. especially if they haven't had any prior problems of sexual misconduct of any kind. All you have to go on is their record.

Honestly our society is a lot to blame for creating these types of people. There are a lot who are just miswired for whatever reason but then there are those who have been created to think of these adolescents as being sexual beings. We sexualize children and teens in ads, movies, tv shows, or whatever. We present adults up who act promiscuously as role models for young girls who then imitate their idols. Its no wonder that some people get mixed messages about what is right and what is wrong.

ebs77

Banned
This is disgusting, how do people like this get jobs. It is a sad world when you can't trust your children with teachers. This woman has probably affected the rest of these boys life's. I can't even imagine the trust issues, relationship problems and anger these boys may feel. I hope this woman is made to do jail time and that she does not commit again.