Teaching Youth About Gun Safety

shandrum

I was wondering if anyone could share a few good videos, websites and or books to teach my 12 and 9 year old about gun and weapon safety?

Profit5500

I was wondering if anyone could share a few good videos, websites and or books to teach my 12 and 9 year old about gun and weapon safety?
If you got a mature 9 or 12 year old then maybe its okay. I was just thinking that if you got someone like the little girl who lost control over the uzi and killed the instructor that is different. Kids should be taught with something light like a .22 then when ready go to the 9mm.

januz101

Nothing beats a professional instructor when teaching a kid about gun handling and its safety procedures. Other instructional videos can be found at youtube. And teaching a kid about guns is no joke so foolish behaviors and playing around is strictly prohibited.

Patrick

Always teach them to stay away and inform an adult immediately if they see a weapon left unsupervised. Also train them to treat any firearm that they see as armed. The best way is to condition them to be suspicious and wary of firearms, so they will stay clear away from any accidental discharge.

DancingLady

I don't know that 9 is really old enough to be learning about guns in a hands on way, but I would suggest looking for a class that you can take as a family so that you can have good, professional instructor in person teaching them.

Peninha

I am against that man, let the kids be kids, they will have time to deal with guns if that is proven necessary.

js85

I don't think there's any specific age to teach, so I hope you don't get any flack for teaching young kids about guns, but I think the most important thing to learn is RESPECT! Once a child displays respect, they're ready to learn gun safety. :)

Profit5500

Nothing beats a professional instructor when teaching a kid about gun handling and its safety procedures. Other instructional videos can be found at youtube. And teaching a kid about guns is no joke so foolish behaviors and playing around is strictly prohibited.

Just hope that the professional instructor know what he or she is doing. Do not want that Florida incident to happen. It was just errors all over the place.