Teen Accused Of Killing Girl, 6, Pleads Not Guilty

Anthony

Super Moderator
Gabriel-Gaeta.jpg
A 17-year-old boy accused of sexually assaulting and killing his 6-year-old Bremerton neighbor girl has pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder and aggravated rape charges.
Gabriel Gaeta entered his plea in Kitsap County Superior Court Friday.
Gaeta has been charged as an adult. His lawyers told the judge he is competent to stand trial and they plan on advising their client to plead the fifth if he is forced to undergo a mental evaluation.
Police had arrested Gaeta August 9, almost a week after Jenise Wright went missing from her east Bremerton neighborhood.
The discovery of the young victim was made near her home. Police say the suspect lived in the same mobile-home park and he was considered a family friend.
Officials said the victim had been sexually assaulted. She died from blunt force trauma to the head, with possible strangulation.
According to police, they said when they questioned Gaeta if he was the only one involved in Jenise Wright’s death, he “clearly nodded yes.â€
Trial is for December 22, if convicted, Gaeta could face life in prison. He is currently being held in the Kitsap County Jail on $1 million bail.

Attachments

• gaeta.jpg
    gaeta.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 603
Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

I think that life in prison is an adequate punishment for this, if he's proven guilty, poor 6 year old... :(

LuckyGirl08

If he is proven guilty, i think that he should serve life without parole because this is a terrible crime. One thing is to rape this child but then murder her afterwards is over the top. The child was only 6 and could not defend herself against a teen his size, much less anybody. Justice needs to be served for this child.

Peninha

A six year old is totally helpless facing an adult, that guy is a monster if he's proven guilty and should be treated as such.

warmweatherwoman

These are the types of criminals that should be locked away for the rest of their life. No exceptions and absolutely no chance at any parole. If he could harm an innocent 6 year old child he clearly has no morals or conscious.

pattycake

I see... He's a friend to the family so that explains how he got to the little girl. They trusted him.

Muthoni

It is so unfortunate that he was considered a family friend yet he killed their daughter. Was this teen under drugs and how could he have killed a six year old? I image that at that age, this little girl might have considered him her hero. She did not see it coming. May she rest in peace; I hope that her family finds console as they grieve the passing of their daughter.

pattycake

Yeah, this is how it goes, friend with the family but totally sick inside, never trust!!

Ditto... I learned in my early youth that nearly no one can be fully trusted when it comes to protecting children. No matter how much a friend you consider somebody to be, you don't trust that person around your children and you must watch over them very closely until they're old enough to watch over themselves. Mothers in fact have to watch over their children with the child's father. Daycare centers, schools, babysitters, nannies.... Everybody is subject to being watched when it comes to children.