Teen Arrested For Terroristic Threat

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police in Fort Worth, Texas arrested a 17-year-old boy for posting a picture of a replica gun pointed at a police car on social media. Montrae Toliver was charged Monday for allegedly making a terroristic threat.

Fort Worth authorities were notified after a concerned citizen saw the photo on Twitter and immediately contacted police.

Toliver allegedly posted a photo of a replica gun pointed at a parked police vehicle with a caption stating: "Should I do it? They don't care for a black male anyways!"

Another tweet by Toliver after posting the photo stated: "Everyone is Posting The Pic of The One Picture But No one Will Post The One That's Right Before It That Shows Its an Airsoft."

Police spokeswoman Tamara Pena said a separate tweet from the same account stated the gun is an Airsoft replica, which was later confirmed by Fort Worth authorities investigating the photo.

"Either way, it's a threat," said Pena. "And so it's going to be looked into." Investigators from the tactical intelligence division and Homeland Security Unit said the picture was a “threat of violence towards police officers.â€

Pena did not know if Toliver had received a bond, if convicted he faces up to a year in prison.

[video=youtube_share;tvhf7f79NJI]http://youtu.be/tvhf7f79NJI[/video]

Attachments

• Toliverarrested.jpg
    Toliverarrested.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 608
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

I wouldn't say that what he did was a terrorist threat, a terrorist threat is stating clearly what he or she is going to do and when, which he was only sharing a thought. But they did right to look into the matter. I don't think that the boy should be jailed, but simply talked to and the tweets removed.

missbishi

What on earth possesses people to post stupid pictures like this on social media? Don't they realise that the whole world can see them? I agree with pattycake in that it's hardly a terrorist threat though. He just needs a good talking to and to realise that showing off like this does not look good.

Onionman

Silly boy! And that's the problem - he's just a 17-year old that thinks he's being cool by putting something as stupid as that online. It's certainly not terrorism but you don't just go about posting things like that. I think he needs to get a better sense of how to communicate with the real world.

dolittle94

This kid is so ignorant! I don't agree with them charging him on terrorists threats, but his actions can instigate someone else to take his 'suggestion' and make it into reality. People should really think about what they do and what effect it might take before they even contemplate to so stupid crap like this.

Sweetheart

Arrested for a social media post? I think maybe there needs to be some kind of way to announce to the public that this kind of thing is illegal. I am not sure that there is a law against this now. Obviously it is a threat. A teen is clueless about these kind of things. The internet is kind of a grey area. Not much is done about cyber stalkers and hackers. The laws on this are like piece of cellophane. You have to have a good amount of money to get the evidence cyber stalkers. I know if you prove someone is a cyber stalker they can go to prison for about 15 years. Kids think the internet is a playground where they can say or do anything, and they do. Adults do enough damage to each other on social media. I think they should just give the kid probation and community service. Its probably his first offense. I'm going to look this one up to see if social media is specifically written in the law. I guess it is like sending a threatening letter to the police or running a TV ad. Some things associated with the internet are written in the laws, but they aren't always enforced. The things I have seen people post about Obama on the internet. I'm sure we could find plenty of posts and pictures about Obama that would be in the category of what this kid did.