Teen Encourage Friend To Kill Himself

Rainman

What kind of friend would encourage you to kill yourself because they know you have been thinking about suicide? One teen had her friend commit suicide. The friend had second thoughts about killing himself and texted his friend that he "was scared and didn't want to leave his family."

But what was the response of the friend who was supposed to be helping him?

"We are committed." Or something to that effect.

She was arrested and is to be charged with first degree involuntary manslaughter.

If you have such friends, CUT THEM out of your life.

bala

Dafuq..!! friends like these.??
I should be more cautious about my friends.I have always trusted friends and thought they were for my best.I should look at the darker side too.

Gabe

These kinds of pacts are never healthy, but they do exist and have happened. Some friendships are very unhealthy, when they are too clingy and suffocating. I have had a few of those and took several steps back. Even when you want to get people help, it's hard.

I was once in a cab getting to stop my friend from throwing himself off a bridge and the cab driver got stopped by the police. They said it wouldn't take long and I said I was in a hurry as my friend is about to commit suicide. They said if it was in their area they would do something about it, but as it was the next borough they couldn't!

missbishi

Why on earth didn't she take the opportunity to talk him out of it - he was clearly wavering. Completely irresponsible and certainly deserves the charge of first degree involuntary manslaughter.

Well done Rainman, by the way, congrats!

stevesxs9

A real friend would never put you in harms way or suggest you do bodily harm to yourself. This is a sad story indeed, but somewhere through the despair and grief one feels has to be the though of self preservation. Which he apparently had but it didn't appear to be strong enough to sustain him. When an opportunity comes along to do something of a possible life-saving gesture, people need to step up and do the right thing. How can someone look themselves in the mirror after committing a cowardly act of not helping a person in dire need?

timelord731

I know that this is truly horrible, but how is this a crime? I can tell you to kill yourself, but it's still your choice.

shilpa123

It is really sad that people call such people as friends. They must clearly know what a friend stands for and takes care of such people. I am not sure why such people exist.

dyanmarie25

I know that this is truly horrible, but how is this a crime? I can tell you to kill yourself, but it's still your choice.

Yeah. I don't also get it. I mean, what if that friend is just joking, or what if she/he really didn't know that his/her friend was dead serious about committing suicide?

Profit5500

What kind of friend would encourage you to kill yourself because they know you have been thinking about suicide? One teen had her friend commit suicide. The friend had second thoughts about killing himself and texted his friend that he "was scared and didn't want to leave his family."

But what was the response of the friend who was supposed to be helping him?

"We are committed." Or something to that effect.

She was arrested and is to be charged with first degree involuntary manslaughter.

If you have such friends, CUT THEM out of your life.
This friend who encouraged the suicide was wrong on so many levels. I feel so sorry for this guys family knowing that their loved one killed himself.

marcamm

Are you sure they aren't the same person? Maybe it was an "imaginary friend."

Jokes aside, I think that these two are very close to each other; if they weren't, they wouldn't dare confide their deepest secret to each other. We do not know the whole story but maybe she was so fed up that her friend was always bugging her with concerns and problems, so she decided to suggest committing suicide. These two people certainly have inclined and gave in to their dark side. Each of us have a dark side, and because of this, we sometimes do things we wouldn't be proud of. That's why we ask other's advise to help us find the light. In the case of this teen, she even led her friend darker and darker inside.

Lesson, choose your friends. They can influence us in one way or another.

JoanMcWench

I don't know. Things like this don't surprise me anymore. Look at 4chan & how the community incites things like this as a recreational sport. I'm not surprised it's progressed into the physical world as well.

Rosyrain

There has to be something more to this story, is this something that they had talked about before. It sounds like he had contacted her to say that he was having second thoughts about it and then she responded back "we are all commited" what does that mean? Had they made a commitment that this guy was going to kill himself before? Something just does not add up there and more information is needed.

jabay

Some of these kids are really misguided and they need as much help and support as they can possibly get. I think that there is a lack in great mentors and role models to help kids find their way in life. kids really need that support and as much help as they are trying to find their way in life. If that support is not there, then they will get their influences from all sorts.

mrsbright

I don't get it, was it a suicide pack (thus "We are committed"?)? If so, why is the friend also not dead?

Clearly she is not a real friend, but it's hard to tell sometimes when you are at the height of all the hormonal changes and dramatic feelings. Sad story.

jesuslover0314

That is such an awful story... Why would a true friend tell their friend to kill themselves? I doubt that was their true friend, because a true friend doesn't encourage their friends to kill themselves. Nice going bud. That is something you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

shilpa123

I believe such friends should never exists. It is quite sad when such things happen. I would never try out such a thing.

hellonamesdan

It's sad, but it happens all of the time. I mean I had people tell me my whole life that I should just go ahead and kill myself because I'm a waste of space or that I'm not good enough or that I was a mistake or that I don't deserve to live anymore. It still happens, and the worst part I think is because my mom is the one who says a lot of things like that to me, but I've had friends, or at least people I thought were my friends, in school tell me that I should die or to kill myself and stuff like that.It really shouldn't happen nearly as often as it does.