Teen Kills Dad Using Crossbow

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A 17-year-old boy in Delaware has been charged with murdering his father with a crossbow. Seth H. Ramsay is being held without bail in a juvenile detention facility, authorities said.

According to police, Seth allegedly killed his 41-year-old father because he was afraid he would be angry with him for skipping classes at school.

Police went to the home on Thursday after Todd Ramsey’s co-workers reported him missing from work for a few days, authorities said. Seth answered the door and allowed police to enter the house. Once inside the home, police found the father dead in his bedroom with an arrow wound to his upper torso.

According to the police statement, Seth told the officers that he shot his dad with a crossbow after skipping school. “When they (officers) initially arrived at the house, the two made contact with the man’s teenage son who claimed he may have killed his father,†police said in a statement. “He said that his father was in his bedroom from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Seth said that he knew when his father came out he would be mad so he shot him,†reports said.

Police stated the case is still under investigation and no other motive has yet been established.

Authorities say Ramsay will be charged as an adult with first-degree murder and possession of a deadly weapon.

[video=youtube_share;YA36gFjyp6o]http://youtu.be/YA36gFjyp6o[/video]

Attachments

• RamsayCrossbow.jpg
    RamsayCrossbow.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,099
Last edited by a moderator:

warmweatherwoman

Murdering your father with a cross bow over skipping school??!?!? This young man has some mental issues going on. Did he not realize the ramifications of his actions? Does he realize he no longer has a father because of one dumb decision on his part. This story saddens me.

pattycake

I don't believe that's the real reason. That's an excuse he came up with. They'll have to get the truth out him through further questioning.

hayrake

The boy claimed he "may have" killed his father as he admitted to shooting him with a crossbow? That's a bit casual, isn't it? And all because he skipped school and thought his father would be angry. If there is no more to this story then this kid is either on drugs or completely loopy without them.

Gelsemium

Wow, incredible, so he is skipping school and kills his father because he might get angry over it? What a sick person... :(

Sweetheart

Not good. Computer voice on the video reporting. Must not be on the news. Act of hatred. I don't know about them charging him as an adult if that is true. He admitted that he did this. Almost like he was counting on getting away with it because of his age. There is more to it I'm sure. It is not right what he did. But a teen or child doesn't just do something like this. What I wonder is what the father was like.What was their relationship like? Kids are like a clean slate and the parents put into them everything they've got. A bow and arrow. It was quick, clean, and quiet. Not good at all.

pattycake

Murdering your father with a cross bow over skipping school??!?!? This young man has some mental issues going on. Did he not realize the ramifications of his actions? Does he realize he no longer has a father because of one dumb decision on his part. This story saddens me.

That's not the real issue. It can't be. Children don't usually tell the real reason why they commit wrongful acts, because they can't really express it. And one thing is for sure; the father had no connection with his son.

Strykstar

That's not the real issue. It can't be. Children don't usually tell the real reason why they commit wrongful acts, because they can't really express it. And one thing is for sure; the father had no connection with his son.

How old can you be considered a child though?
Surely at 17 years old he is aware that shooting his father with a crossbow will kill him...