Teen Saves Little Sister

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police say a 13-year-old boy rescued his little sister from an attempted kidnapping in Lancaster, California. "He was definitely quick on his feet," sheriff's deputy Miguel Ruiz said. "He's very responsible for his family and obviously his 4-year-old sister. So at this point, he is our hero for today."

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office, deputies were patrolling a street when they were flagged down to investigate a reported possible kidnap attempt.

Sgt. Eric Metten said 61-year-old Earl Williams, who was seen pacing near the house, allegedly walked into the fenced yard of the family’s home. He asked the 4-year-old girl for her name, then allegedly grabbed the child and started to walk away.

The 13-year-old brother saw his sister being picked up by the suspect and jumped into action. He ran after her, held onto her other hand and yelled out for someone to call 911, sending the suspect away.

Neighbors who heard the boy screaming, flagged down the passing sheriff’s patrol car and direct them to the suspect believed to be the one who tried to take the little girl.

Neighbor Jasmine Watts said she had an encounter with the suspect earlier while walking with her son. "He was just calling me, 'Hey, come here. Come here.' "I don't know this guy, never seen him before." "He was already talking to himself when me and my son came outside, so I'm just like, "Okay, this is really weird,'" Watts said.

Williams was arrested and charged with kidnapping. He was being held on $100,000 bail. “It’s a kidnapping charge, not attempted because he actually picked her up and walked away with her,†Sgt. Eric Metten said.

Police say the little girl was not hurt. “Just startled, very scared,†said Deputy Amber Leist, adding that she was a “smart little girlâ€

[video=youtube_share;ozTZO7vXhuI]http://youtu.be/ozTZO7vXhuI[/video]

Attachments

• teensavessister.jpg
    teensavessister.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 837
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Oh wow! That boy is a hero! And the perp is 61? Trying to walk off with a little baby? Yeah... He need to be in the can with Bubba and the gang.

Allison2021

That story is unbelievable. I agree with pattycake. That boy is a hero. I only hope the brother and sister are not permanently traumatized.
If that other lady received cat calls from the crazy man, then I wonder why hadn't she called the police. She could have informed the police station that a crazy man was walking around her neighborhood.

pattycake

Well the police often have an attitude that they're not going to investigate anything unless there was a crime or threatening activity. So it's likely that if the other lady had said something about the guy calling her and saying come here come here, the police would have ignored that and did nothing.

Gelsemium

Great job from the kid! Kids are very clever and if he didn't act like that most likely the man would have taken the 4 year old, a hero indeed.

Peninha

I always tell my kids to never speak to strangers, we never know what can happen. You are right patty, police sometimes have to wait from crimes to happen, what can they do really?

missbishi

What a brave boy. I agree that the police cannot do anything unless an actual crime is being committed. Otherwise, they leave themselves open to accusations of harassment.

Muthoni

A good sibling is a great asset. I am amazed at the courage of this boy standing up to a grown criminal. It is a great ending that the little girl was not kidnapped. They must have great parents who have instructed them how to react in cases of emergency. This little girl must be so proud of her big brother.