Teen Sentenced to Life For Raping, Murdering Six-Year-Old Girl

Anthony

Super Moderator
teenlifesentence.jpg
A Texas teenager was sentenced to life in prison on Thursday for killing a six-year-old girl, authorities said.
Tyler Lane Holder was incarcerated last year for raping and killing Alanna Gallagher whose body was found wrapped in a tarp with a plastic bag covering her head on the side of the road.
Holder who was 17 at the time of the horrific crime, received a life sentence as part of a plea deal made with the district attorney. "Today a dangerous killer was brought to justice," said Deputy Chief District Attorney Bob Gill.
In June 2013, the little girl went missing. Authorities found her body in July 2013, less than a mile from where she lived. The victim was wrapped in a tarp, her head was covered with plastic bags and her wrists and ankles were bound with duct tape.
Several weeks later, the Gallagher's house and vehicle were set on fire. The investigation into the two crimes led law enforcement to Holder, who lived close by to the Gallagher family.
Holder told authorities he had no contact with the little girl, but DNA evidence later linked him to the crime.
[video=youtube_share;j0mjcqfbkp4]http://youtu.be/j0mjcqfbkp4[/video]
When police went to arrest the suspect, he pulled out a gun and shot an officer in the groin.
Holder also pleaded guilty to arson for setting fire to the victim’s family home and with attempted capital murder for shooting at an officer trying to arrest him.
Holder was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of six-year-old Alanna Gallagher. He could not be charged with capital murder at the time of the crime because he was 17. For the other two crimes, he received 40 years for the attempted murder of the detective and 20 years for arson.
The mother of the little girl, Laura read a statement in court, saying Holder won't be able to hurt any more children but 'it does not repay for what you have done'. 'It does not bring her back to us. No matter how much suffering you undergo in prison, it won’t be as much as all the people who knew and loved Alanna have been, and will continue to be suffering,' she said. 'I hope you remember this, and that you live with shame for what you have done, every day that you live, every day that Alanna is gone from us.'

Last edited by a moderator:

LuckyGirl08

This is just to sad. Than man should not have even been offered a plea deal for raping and killing this innocent child. Even though he was only 17, he should have been trailed as an adult and charged with capital murder. I feel like the court system let him off a little easy. I hope that everything that he done to that little girl will happen to him in prison.

Gelsemium

Being a parent I can't imagine the pain of losing a kid, more if it was like this. At least he's locked away for life.

Muthoni

So many crimes committed by one person, he was not satisfied with killing their daughter. He set their car and home on fire. This story made me very afraid because it is so difficult to know the kind of people one lives next to. I agree with what Alanna’s mom said that no punishment would justify the nature of this crime. He took away the life of this innocent girl and hurt an officer in the process; Karma will step in soon enough.