Teens Arrested After Alleged Multi-State Crime Spree

Onthemark

attachment.php

The two runaway teenagers suspected in a crime spree of stolen vehicles and pilfered checks across the South have been taken into custody in Panama City Beach, Florida.

Authorities announced that the U.S. Marshal’s Service and local law enforcement arrested Hayes and Phillips after finding the couple sleeping in a stolen 2001 Toyota Tundra. The two were arrested without incident about 12:10 a.m. Sunday.

18-year-old Dalton Hayes and his thirteen-year-old girlfriend Cheyenne Phillips made headlines after leaving home in Kentucky on January 3 and have evaded the law ever since. They are suspected of stealing three vehicles and using several stolen checks.

Officials say they will extradite them back to Kentucky where they are expected to face felony charges.

Dalton Hayes will appear in court Monday in the Florida Panhandle. Hayes was being held Sunday in the Bay County jail on a charge of custodial interference. Cheyenne Phillips will face charges in juvenile court.

[video=youtube_share;TslFGqx19CE]http://youtu.be/TslFGqx19CE[/video]

Attachments

• HayesPhillipsarrested.jpg
    HayesPhillipsarrested.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited by a moderator:

shandrum

I've been following this story and these little hoodlums were captured in Panama City, Florida. That is about two hours from where I live. I'm not surprised that they were caught, it was going to happen sooner or later. It's just a shame that they committed such bad crimes at such a young age. I can't even imagine 13 years old!!! Well, I guess you live and you learn. The positive side is that no one was killed and perhaps in several years, these two will have a chance to be productive citizens...

tanker

The nanny state no longer allows young people constructive ways to chanel theor energies. Prisons allow convicts more freedoms then the most school children. Back when I went to school there where things like boy scouts and other fine youth organizations. Probably in the modern boy scouts kids are not allowed matches or a knife because they might hurt themselves.

Muthoni

They look so cute together that one cannot suspect that they are criminals on meeting them for the first time. Good work to the police for apprehending them so that they can be rehabilitated. It is such a sad thing when a young person chooses the wrong path that gets them into a lot of trouble.

jeremy2

I am glad that they were finally arrested ending a long chase that traversed several states.I knew it was a matter of when and not if.I hope they are given a non-custodial sentence like community service so that they may suffer the shame of being seen by the residents over there.

warmweatherwoman

The girl is 13- this young man is 18 and considered an adult. The relationship is sickening and the fact that he stole this young ladies childhood away is even more disgusting. I hope he is charged with statutory rape as well!

westmixxin

That is crazy because they look like such an average everyday couple. I would never imagine these two individual trying to kill me in any way whatsoever. That's exactly what lets you know that you can't trust anybody had to be careful around all types of people because there's no telling what they might do.