Tennessee Fugitives Arrested in Mississippi

Anthony

Super Moderator
Lashonda-Williams-Roger-Reed_blue.jpg
Two suspects have been charged with Rev. Don Smith's murder, who was last seen on Halloween, Memphis Police said. They were found in Greenville, Miss., driving in the pastor's missing car.
Lashonda Williams, 24, and Roger Reed Jr., 23 have been arrested on first-degree murder charges in the death of 57-year-old Memphis pastor Don Smith.
The pastor of Prospect Park Missionary Baptist Church was found shot to death the morning of Nov. 1. by two people walking their dog. They discovered his body by a pond on Hickory Hill.
Police say that his 2010 Buick Lacrosse car was stolen.
Authorities found Williams and Reed on November 5 inside of the vehicle in Greenville, Mississippi and placed them into custody.
Police say while they two suspects drove around in the stolen car they took photos and posted them all over social media.
“It just shows how egregious this crime is, you know, that some people, their conscience doesn’t bother them,†said Delando Wilson, Greenville, Miss., assistant chief of police.
“They have been suspected of a heinous crime,†he added. “To joyride in the victim’s vehicle is pretty heartless.â€
Relatives of Smith, who was set to celebrate his 30th anniversary as pastor, said he was probably trying to help what he thought was a couple in distress.
"Why? Why would somebody do that to a man of God?," said William Johnson, the pastor's nephew. "Why would they do that to my uncle? It feels like a piece of my heart was taken away."
Johnson also thanked the police when he heard the news that the two were in custody.
"I just want justice served, just want justice served," Johnson said. "Thank you so much, you've done a great job. We really appreciate it. We're so glad you guys caught the suspects."

Tennesseefugitives.jpg

Attachments

• Lashonda-Williams-Roger-Reed.jpg
    Lashonda-Williams-Roger-Reed.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

SamClemensMT

This is a little hard to understand. I feel like there is more to this tragic story. It just seem too unlikely that two murderers would drive around in the victims car. I mean are people becoming that cold-blooded?

Gelsemium

Not only cold blooded, but dumb as well, they haven't even thought it out, keeping the victim's car is just too dumb!

warmweatherwoman

Boy social media has come a long way since inception. We went from sharing time with long lost friends to sharing crimes with any and everyone. I have a feeling we will be seeing these two on that show "Worlds Dumbest Criminals"