Thanksgiving - what's on your menu?

missamanda819

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It's a great time to spend time with family and getting full. We always have Thanksgiving dinner at someone else's house, and not usually at our home. I'm not a big cook, I do cook - but I don't think I'm ready for the task of Thanksgiving dinner for everyone.

We usually do the usual - turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, dressing and cranberry sauce. Oh, and of course - we have desserts. These always vary.

What's on the menu for your family? Anything unusual? Do you cook or go to family/friend's house or nothing at all?

Determined2014

We will do the usual,I do not think our menue ever changes, it remains the same always , we do the turkey, ham,mashed potatoes,cranberyy sauce and corn bread.

cc1001

When I was younger I helped my mom prepare the Thanksgiving dinner. She is such a great cook. She cooked so much food. After the dinner everyone would be so full. Now that I am an adult with my own family I cook the meal. My daughter helps. Sometimes we visit relatives and eat at their house. It is a great time to eat and spend time with family. This year I believe we will stay home and I will cook. I plan to make turkey, dressing, vegetables, potato salad and have dessert of course.

DancingLady

I know turkey will be on the menu, probably the green jello salad, some sort of stuffing, either yams of sweet potatoes, and I don't know what else really. I am not in charge of this meal, so I just show up with probably one dish I am asked to make to help out.

missamanda819

DancingLady - what is the green jello salad? I don't know that I've ever heard of this. Lol. Sounds interesting!

Profit5500

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It's a great time to spend time with family and getting full. We always have Thanksgiving dinner at someone else's house, and not usually at our home. I'm not a big cook, I do cook - but I don't think I'm ready for the task of Thanksgiving dinner for everyone.

We usually do the usual - turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, dressing and cranberry sauce. Oh, and of course - we have desserts. These always vary.

What's on the menu for your family? Anything unusual? Do you cook or go to family/friend's house or nothing at all?
It shows how quick time flies by when you least expect it too. I want some dark meat from that turkey after it has been in the turkey fryer. I want that stuffing with cornbread inside.

Patrick

I'm actually pretty tempted to try for roast duck or geese this year, we're getting bored of eating turkey every year! :p