The death penalty for evil crimes

fliktor7

I agree with the death penalty, but just in very very serious crimes, as those involving terrorism, killing inocents and things like that.

And only if the criminal has been found guilty with no doubts about it, if there is a 99% of possibilities then I'll put him/her into jail.

oraclemay

All crimes are evil. However, I do think that the death penalty may be an easy way out for those who make people suffer this way. It is difficult to judge what to do with them. Perhaps meeting their maker may be the best answer, I really don't know. I think, as a human I may want to see them suffer, but as a Christian I should not want this.

bala

If death is the penalty for evil crimes then almost everything will fall under it.I mean every other crime is evil and you can't classify as dis figuration,murder or whatsoever.

shilpa123

The death penalty can be really bad but I think if one has been given such punishment then I do believe that there is a rightful reason. I think it is given only to those who deserve and it is given after careful judgement. I do believe it serves the purpose.

Gelsemium

I am against the death penalty for the simple reason that it would make us equal to the murderers. If the crime is severe, so life sentence should be served.

JulianWilliams

I don't like the death penalty. It doesn't achieve anything more compared to giving them life in prison without the possibility of early release. There's also the big risk of innocent people being executed, and unfortunately there have been some proven cases of this happening, and executing people also costs a lot of money as there are a lot of legal procedures to go through before the execution actually takes place.

Kittyworker

I don't like the death penalty. It doesn't achieve anything more compared to giving them life in prison without the possibility of early release. There's also the big risk of innocent people being executed, and unfortunately there have been some proven cases of this happening, and executing people also costs a lot of money as there are a lot of legal procedures to go through before the execution actually takes place.

Except for the fact that they can kill other inmates while incarcerated. I feel like there is no benefit to having life without possibility of Parole. They aren't getting out, so the primary focus of rehabilitating a prisoner is kind of pointless. Just poke em so we (the tax payers) don't need to pay for their meals.

Onionman

I am always conflicted with capital punishment. I don't believe in the principle of an eye for an eye, but when you hear some of the crazy atrocities going on out there I do feel more reactionary. It's at those times that I really want to push for the death penalty. But I really don't feel comfortable with my reaction.