This is why the school system is screwed up

lei

That is not the only reason. Schools these days are so messed up. School is so stressful and competitive...and for the worst. This is why so many people are becoming depressed and all that other stuff.

Ricardo187

Schools are messed up because teachers have no authority and nor do the workers in there. If a student does something wrong, he'll most likely be punished with a warning, or a letter wrote to their parents, that now a days, won't give a damn and who knows defend their children instead of punishing them.

davidj96

The school system is very messed up nowadays! I don't like how a survey can be used to decide if a teacher does their job correctly or not, kids lie! This just isn't fair in my opinion. I think that as long as the student passes the teachers class and shows that they've learned something, that should be all to worry to about, not some nonsense survey.

kaitheteen

Many teachers in schools are corrupt these days. Every school has that one or group of teachers that students refer to as "can't teach".

dariel2323

Schools are messed up because teachers have no authority and nor do the workers in there. If a student does something wrong, he'll most likely be punished with a warning, or a letter wrote to their parents, that now a days, won't give a damn and who knows defend their children instead of punishing them.

Good opinion "Ricardo187" I say the same as you.The majority of the parents are very loose with their children, they sometimes are the criminals in the society. I think that it should not be so. We must punish their strongly, and if is necessary ask for help.

PhilA

I am disappointed in the school system today, too many school are on a downward slide and it only gets worse from there.

oraclemay

Although there are teachers that are still dedicated, you also find those that are not. Students can be completely out of hand, but teachers who are dedicated know how to control them. The school systems are a mess and should have been changed long ago. I no longer believe in them as so many children are slipping through the cracks. We need to teach children according to their needs, adapt teaching methods.

bala

How can a survey be used to judge a teacher.Quite baffling for me.No wonder the education system has become crappy nowadays.In my days,around 6-7 yrs back,i was hit by a long stick if i did a mistake and i made sure i never did it again,just to avoid punishment.Nowadays,even warning is considered an abuse.Where is the system heading to..?

KrustyKrabella

Bala- I'm definitely sure corporal punishment isn't the answer, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.

Back on topic to the original post, I think it's unnecessary for Mr. Dryden to be reprimanded for this. The students *do* have the right to not incriminate themselves, and there's a chance many of them were not aware of their rights. He simply stated a true fact of the law and left it at that. No need for reprimand whatsoever.

Good for him for standing up and informing his students. That's a good teacher, IMO.

Josie

Agreed, good for him. And agreed, corporal punishment isn't the answer.. it's disgusting. The reason kids are "out of hand" year after year and generation after generation is because the real problem hasn't been addressed. The adults! Kids are the most disrespected humans on the planet. Fix the adults and you won't have an issue with them anymore. Simple, and I stand by it.

I'm sure none of those kids would have incriminated themselves anyway, but my respect to that teacher. He's a part of one of the worst systems out there, so to be expected. Schools are ruining education.

Gelsemium

Pretty much, so he just advised the students and he got suspended? Some schools have too much power and it's sad that it happens like that.

thegrey1

I agree with all previous posters that there are myriad reasons for the public school system being screwed up! One being that the curriculum has been reduced to absolute rubble! I work with several people in the 20-30 age bracket. These people don't even know that 1/2 is the same as .50! They know nothing about history at all, but they know all about which minority did what and why!!! It's a travesty! The public school system has been an indoctrination center for decades!

dyanmarie25

No matter what, I still believe in good education and I still have faith in dedicated teachers. I would want to be able to teach someday because I think it's the noblest profession, and this kind of news about the failing school systems is really making me a bit frustrated.

Josie

No matter what, I still believe in good education and I still have faith in dedicated teachers. I would want to be able to teach someday because I think it's the noblest profession, and this kind of news about the failing school systems is really making me a bit frustrated.

Sadly, a dedicated teacher isn't allowed to do things their way. You teach for the test... the good teachers are resigning all over the place. If not, sticking to it, hoping for change. "Good education" doesn't happen in the classroom any more.

bala

Schools have been extremely focusing on "Competition" and "performance" without a need.Schools are where students learn to start life and if they are put through this right at start it will only spell doom.it might be hard,but its the harsh reality.

kana_marie

Banned
I have been tempted to pull my son out of school and home school him. Every time I hear about this kind of ridiculous bs I am that much closer. The standard they want teachers and students to adhere to is unreasonable at best. Every year it seems to get a little worse.

shilpa123

It is really sad the way things are turning out in schools. It can be really sad at times. I believe the school should be made in every way. I do think it is very important.

Josie

I have been tempted to pull my son out of school and home school him. Every time I hear about this kind of ridiculous bs I am that much closer. The standard they want teachers and students to adhere to is unreasonable at best. Every year it seems to get a little worse.

You should look into it.. homeschooled kids are doing better all around. And yes, we homeschool lol.

wahmed

Many teachers in schools are corrupt these days. Every school has that one or group of teachers that students refer to as "can't teach".

I totally agree with you. You just want to fall asleep in their lessons. It honestly really hinders our learning.