This one deserves a murder charge!

Rainman

While I must say the cop made a stupid decision to shoot the man then try to make it appear like his action was justified, I wonder if things would have been different if the man hadn't tried to run away. Why run? If you've done nothing wrong, why run?

thegrey1

I agree, he should not have run! I have turned this over and over in my mind. How stupid do you have to be to run from a cop??? But why would a cop chase a man down, and shoot him in the back? Unless the cop is a sociopath, there is no answer to this question! I don't even want to hear all the drivel about white vs. black, and hate crime garbage. I just know that one cop shot one man in the back! I hope justice is served here, but it won't bring the poor guy back!

missbishi

The cop claimed he shot the guy as he thought his life was in danger. For crying out loud, the man was running away from him and was empty-handed! How on earth he thought he could get away with it is completely beyond me. At least he's actually been charged with murder although if anything actually comes of it is anyone's guess.

Nate

did anyone else find this weird?

"A white police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder Tuesday after shooting and killing a black man following a routine traffic stop over the weekend."

A white police officer? Okay, here comes the obvious.. What if it would say "A black police officer..." ?

mairj23

I just don't understand why white people, hate black people so much. This is clearly murder and the video proves it. These cops are taking the law into there own hands and getting away with it. Imagine if a black officer killed a white guy this way.

thegrey1

did anyone else find this weird?

"A white police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder Tuesday after shooting and killing a black man following a routine traffic stop over the weekend."

A white police officer? Okay, here comes the obvious.. What if it would say "A black police officer..." ?

That's my point too. The race-baiting media had to put their two cents worth in! A cop shot a man in the back! 'nuff said!

thegrey1

I just don't understand why white people, hate black people so much. This is clearly murder and the video proves it. These cops are taking the law into there own hands and getting away with it. Imagine if a black officer killed a white guy this way.
Hello! I'm a white person, and I do not hate black people! I personally don't know ANY white people who hate black people just because they're black. It's time to stop believing the spin that the media puts on everything! A cop shot an unarmed man. The cop needs to be tried for murder. That's all.

dyanmarie25

Yes, it's quite saddening that these things still happen. I mean, it's already 2015, and racism is still rampant. When will people be more open-minded?

Shimus

Hello! I'm a white person, and I do not hate black people! I personally don't know ANY white people who hate black people just because they're black. It's time to stop believing the spin that the media puts on everything! A cop shot an unarmed man. The cop needs to be tried for murder. That's all.

This. People bring race into the issue, even in the Ferguson case. WHY? You don't say "Asian man stabbed someone" or "Saudi man stoned someone to death" just like you shouldn't see "Black Man killed by White Cop" It should just be "Cop kills man at traffic stop."

This race spin is getting out of hand and it will bring back the exact type of racism we've worked so hard to keep in check. Another couple of these cases and it'll be back to "White Man is KEEPING US DOWN!" or some crap chants. I'm a white man with plenty of black and other ethnicity for friends. I hate it when I see it tagged like this.

It's not the race issue. It's not. It's stupid idiotic people that should have never been cops to begin with or in a position of power because the screening is too lax. Or they had pre-existing mental problems. Whatever the case may be, it's obvious these people should not have been on the force to begin with. Or, better yet, why not remove lethal bullets in patrolling officers weapons? like make them rubber, fake, beanbags, tasers, mace, etc. Even a taser could bring down a runner harmlessly. They already have lethal weapons in the charger/cruisers/cop cars, so why not equip them with Nightsticks and take their guns? It's not like they need them on hand, and most every cop runs with a partner so if they see issues they can be on the with the weapon.

It just shocks me people still tag the race line on things. Ugh. /rant off.

Peninha

While I must say the cop made a stupid decision to shoot the man then try to make it appear like his action was justified, I wonder if things would have been different if the man hadn't tried to run away. Why run? If you've done nothing wrong, why run?

Running away indicates panic for something we did, whether it's something wrong or right it always look bad and we should just stay instead and face the authorities. Running away from the problems doesn't make them go away.

thegrey1

This. People bring race into the issue, even in the Ferguson case. WHY? You don't say "Asian man stabbed someone" or "Saudi man stoned someone to death" just like you shouldn't see "Black Man killed by White Cop" It should just be "Cop kills man at traffic stop."

This race spin is getting out of hand and it will bring back the exact type of racism we've worked so hard to keep in check. Another couple of these cases and it'll be back to "White Man is KEEPING US DOWN!" or some crap chants. I'm a white man with plenty of black and other ethnicity for friends. I hate it when I see it tagged like this.

It's not the race issue. It's not. It's stupid idiotic people that should have never been cops to begin with or in a position of power because the screening is too lax. Or they had pre-existing mental problems. Whatever the case may be, it's obvious these people should not have been on the force to begin with. Or, better yet, why not remove lethal bullets in patrolling officers weapons? like make them rubber, fake, beanbags, tasers, mace, etc. Even a taser could bring down a runner harmlessly. They already have lethal weapons in the charger/cruisers/cop cars, so why not equip them with Nightsticks and take their guns? It's not like they need them on hand, and most every cop runs with a partner so if they see issues they can be on the with the weapon.

It just shocks me people still tag the race line on things. Ugh. /rant off.
Exactly! It's so old and so tired! It's obvious to me who the racists are in every situation like this! They're the ones who always make everything about race!!! I can't stand Obama, so I MUST be a racist! Well guess what! I can't stand Joe Biden either! Last I heard, Joe is a white man! People need to grow the hell up!

stevesxs9

There cannot be justification now or never for shooting anyone unarmed 5 times whether they're running away or standing still. Since he can break the law he is sworn to uphold, I hope they prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.