Three Seattle Teens Attempt Carjacking

Anthony

Super Moderator
nancy.jpg

Nancy Fredrickson was in her garage taking some items out of the trunk of her car when three would be thieves approached her.
Fredrickson, 70, said she just came home after buying a few things at a garage sale.
She said her back was facing them as they walked up to her and demanded her car keys. At first she thought it was a prank. "And he says I want your car keys,†Fredrickson said.
She soon realized they were not kidding. She turned and had a gun pointing at her face. “You turn around and here’s this big gun right here, right here,†she said.
Fredrickson handed the keys to the three teens. The three suspects all got in the car and immediately saw they had a problem.
Fredrickson's car is a stick shift. None of the three teens know how drive one. “I’ve got five speed in there and they couldn’t figure out how to get it going,†Fredrickson said.
She stood there and watched as they failed to get the vehicle out of the garage. “I could hear them trying. They put the keys in, they turned the lock, but they couldn’t figure out how to get it started.â€
After a few minutes the teens figured they were not going to leave with the car so they jumped out and ran off.
Surveillance cameras caught images of the teens running across the parking lot of a nearby business.
When neighbors heard about the incident, they came over to see if Fredrickson was alright.
“They can’t drive a stick? That’s like unmanly,†said Ryan Whitney. A second neighbor was also happy to see that Fredrickson was safe. “We’re all elderly up here, you know? Yeah. You know what I’m saying? It’s scary in broad daylight too,†said Ronnie Conle.
“It was quite an interesting day, let’s put it that way,†Fredrickson said. She also added “I’m glad I didn’t panic, I was proud of myself.â€
Police are still searching for the three teens. They did take fingerprints off the door handles and the gear shift.

Last edited by a moderator: