Transgender Woman Killed by US Marine

helaofthenorns

A transgender woman was killed by a U.S. Marine.

Jeffrey Laude, 26, was found dead, apparently strangled and drowned, beside a toilet bowl in a motel room in Olongapo city, northwest of Manila, shortly after he checked in late Saturday, allegedly with a Marine.

Read here.

shreklock

That marine is a psycho, but a clever one. I'd never think to drown someone in a toilet... How is that even possible?

olivia

It is terrible that there are so many crimes against transgender individuals. I heard somewhere that the life expectancy for a transgender person is around 26 years old because they are either targeted or take their own lives. It's a sad situation.

DancingLady

That is so sad. Just because someone makes a decision about their own life that you don't agree with isn't a reason to hate them or kill them. I don't know why people hate transgender people so much. They do that because they are unhappy and they think it will make them happy. Usually they are wrong, but that's their choice.

askanison

Nothing will be done with this beyond some military justice. I would hope the marine would be discharged and sent home at the least by the military. There is no way they will hand him over to serve anytime there. This isn't an uncommon thing to happen in the military when stationed overseas. I have a friend that was in Iraq and he has some bone chilling stories about the things done by his fellow soldiers.

LuckyGirl08

I guess the marine wasn't happy about the woman actually being a man. It was just to much that bargained for. What ever the reason is, it still did not give he marine the right to kill he/her. The marine could have just left the hotel after finding out. I do not care if you are in he military, you should still be punished for killing an innocent person.

What a horrible case if true. A death like this horrible enough, but the fact that a marine might have been responsible sickens me. However, this might still not be 100% true because the source doesn't say it has been confirmed.

Rhoda D'Ettore

This is true, but the forum would not allow me to post the link.

The sad thing about this is not only a vicious murder, but the fact that a 19 year old Marine was obviously overlooked by his authorities for having aggression issues. I found nothing stating whether or not he was in combat, but PTSD would surely explain something like this. His youth may have put him in denial that he even had a problem. We train our service members to kill, send them into combat, then do not give them the necessary tools to assist them to assimilate back into society. Keep in mind he picked up a woman in a bar, took her to a motel for sex, then found out the "she" was biologically a "he". This may have been seen as a mark against his masculinity, and he needed to "prove" he was a man. Everyday, military men must be "men" and use their testosterone in training and combat, then we are surprised and we are shocked they kill. Not all of them can handle this type of life--especially at 19 years old, he isn't even old enough to drink in the US.

My heart goes out to both families, and I hope this does not tarnish the outstanding servicemembers who protect us day and night. Who give their all for our safety.

LongShot

I would say turn over the kid and have him spend life in prison. You do the crime and now you gotta pay the time for it. In that area it isn't hard to know what you are getting involved in. The fact that the USA is holding him while they have evidence that he did it. Seems like they wanna try and sweep in under the rug to some degree.

bluekknd2

As a trans Man I am always very careful who I go home with. It sucks that you can't truly feel like you are accepted for what you are, but being safe is better than being drowned in a toilet. I am not trying to blame the victim, I am just warning people to be careful! Not everyone agrees with your lifestyle.

sillylucy

I am betting that the trans woman either didn't tell him that she was trans and he did not enjoy the surprise or that there was alcohol involved and she did tell him, but he has forgot. Either way, it is sad when a cis male gets upset that he is attracted to a trans woman and beings come enraged that they resort to violence.

LongShot

The sad part is that apparently stuff like this happens all the time. Usually, it gets swept under the rugs when they should be jailed. This is probably why most hate the US because of untold stories like this.

Gin0710

I think the marine hired her as a prostitute and found out she was transgendered and drowned her. That's what it seems like anyway. I'm just speculating though. I don't know the whole story, maybe I should read the article. It's just sad that someone is violated and murdered for trying to be who they want to be.

jgon3491

I get that the marine may have been upset when he found out that she was transgender, but that does not give him a right to kill her. He could have simply walked away, end of story. You don't go out and drown somebody just for that reason. I'm pretty sure the marine had to of had other issues, a normal person doesn't do that.

caparica007

I agree that the adequate punishment for killing someone is life in prison, we never know when he can decide to do it again.

Gin0710

Yes, this Marine was definitely psychotic. It's horrible what people face just because they're different. I agree with blue. Be careful with who you go home with. No matter who you are in general. People are not right in the head these days.