TV Reporter Quits to Help Legalize Cannabis in Alaska

Anthony

Super Moderator
CharloGreenepic.jpg
KTVA reporter Charlo Greene reported on a medical marijuana business during a live 10 p.m. newscast Sunday. After she finished with her report she made an announcement. She told the viewers that she was at the center of the story she had just reported, because she was the owner of the business.
"Now everything you heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska."
She then declared, “As for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, fuck it, I quit.†Right after saying that she walked off the set leaving the news anchor in shock.
"Alright, we apologize for that. We'll be, we'll be right back. Pardon for us," the anchor said.
[video=youtube_share;8hAAgw_Fwf4]http://youtu.be/8hAAgw_Fwf4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

Wow, talk about being biased! Great story, she managed to promote her business while a journalist.

Peninha

Now, this is not a reporter, it's a business woman, she should be fired for this action and eventually face charges.

cpefley

Of course she was biased, and unfairly put in that position in the first place! How could they make her report on her own business?? I'm glad she quit and stood up for what she believed in.

headmaster

I love her spunk and style. The move could go either of two ways. The publicity will either give her organization the boost it clearly needs, or backlash badly.