Twitter/Instagram to re-evaluate policies after Robin Williams daughter bullied

askanison

Twitter announced that they would re-evaluate their policies regarding self-harm and private information, and improving support for family members of deceased users after Zelda Williams, daughter of Robin Williams was repeatedly harassed online after her fathers death. Users sent horrible comments and deplorable graphic pictures to the girl and she has since deleted both accounts saying she was done with social media for awhile. To see someone in grief hounded by online trolls is just sad. It is hard to understand how some people can take such joy in kicking someone when they are down.

bala

I don't understand how people get joy out of hurting others.She just lost her Father and those hateful trolls bully her "WHY"?..Should they lose a parent,they will know how it feels.and they will feel the pain if some one does this to them.Until then,we can only loathe them.

stevesxs9

I'm glad they're re-evaluating their policies. Seems like people will go out of their way to hurt you these days. And those same idiotic people will need comfort and compassion from someone someday.

askanison

Just ban them from twitter and be done with it. After awhile they will get tired of making new accounts and find something else to poke a stick at. It amazes me how insensitive some people can be though.

ItsZiggy

A swift IP ban would be appropriate I think, not that it would change what happened. Some people are just sick and twisted, others may see "troubled souls" but I just see terrible people.

kaitheteen

I don't understand why people would attack his daughter like that. Do they really want her to feel worse?