Upgrading uniforms?

JoshPosh

Banned
I see a lot of police officers performing physical activities while on patrol. Should they have upgraded clothing and uniforms that reflect the physicality that the job entails?

Profit5500

I think it all varies on the departments budget and how much time and money they want to spend on that. It comes with a price and the change would involve them having to then alter all the patrol officers uniforms since they are majority of the force. It would be possible to have this idea but it depends on the chief if he or she wants to make that move.

bala

I think it all varies on the departments budget and how much time and money they want to spend on that. It comes with a price and the change would involve them having to then alter all the patrol officers uniforms since they are majority of the force. It would be possible to have this idea but it depends on the chief if he or she wants to make that move.
That's exactly what i wanted to say..but great..:D :D
In a nut shell,it all hinges on how much the authorities want to shell out for them.they deserve a facelift,but we really can't anything about it.
Thanks to you dude..:D

JoshPosh

Banned
I would think something more athletic. Some guys are running after crooks in black slacks and shiny black dress shoes.

js85

That's a good idea. When I watch COPS and they have to chase someone, it seems like they're considerably restricted by their pants in particular. I know form-fitting is also appropriate and professional, but surely they can make the pants out of a stretchier material to allow for more movement.