Video of Police Shootout that ends with Gunman Dead

admin

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Officials of Sonora California release video of pursuit and shoot out that ended with the death of Bruce Thomas Snyder. One Officer and one bystander were also injured during the altercation.

Police began pursuing the suspect when they received a 911 call about a suspicious character. Officers spotted the car and attempted to pull it over but the suspect took off. The suspect took the officers on a several mile slow speed chase and at one point stopped the vehicle, got out and started shooting at the police officer. The officer returned fire however the suspect was able to get back in his car and began driving again. After another short slow speed pursuit the suspect stopped and got out of his car and began firing at the officer again. The officers exited their car and began to return fire. The suspect was hit multiple times and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Both the injured Police Officer and bystander are both expected to make a full recovery.

Reports are that Bruce Thomas Snyder was on parole from a charge stemming from assault with a deadly weapon.

Attachments

• bruce_thomas.jpg
    bruce_thomas.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 649
Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetheart

Well, the scanner talk. One for the team. I wonder what this guy was all about. You have to be off your rocker to do this. Pot shots at the police while you are trying to go who knows where. I wonder what the original charge was. Not enough information here to know what this was all about.

pattycake

Why didn't they take him down the first time he got out and started shooting? How did he manage to shoot at the police and then get back into the car and continue driving?

jeremy2

i think the cops exercised great restraint in subduing the suspect.Although he was felled in the end,i think the police had no choice since their lives were in grave danger.

Gelsemium

I agree, the police doesn't want to be accused of anything else, so they tried to preserve his life up to the limit.