Video: Police: Slain Officer a Hero in Recent Shooting

Onthemark

• Philadelphia police announced murder charges against two brothers for allegedly gunning down Officer Robert Wilson III during an attempted robbery of a video game store. Police officials say Wilson fought valiantly before he died.

timelord731

I think it should be mandatory that police officers be required to wear some level of bulletproof protection. Is there nothing small and lightweight enough that could have helped in a situation like this?

dyanmarie25

I think it should be mandatory that police officers be required to wear some level of bulletproof protection. Is there nothing small and lightweight enough that could have helped in a situation like this?

I totally agree with that. Police officers are facing dangerous situations like this one everyday. In some way, they have to need something to protect themselves while dealing with these culprits.

Anyway, I salute this police officer for sacrificing his own life in line of his duty.

Gabe

People are getting too brave these days and the police have a hard time with all the bad press, so the public need to see the good and the bad. I really think gun laws need to be tighter and these acts will be more difficult to enable. I think they should wear bullet proof vests, but it was the shot to the head that killed him. You need to get to the root of the cause and stop the acts and prevent them.

jeremy2

That officer was a real hero and he epitomized the police slogan, to serve and protect. May his soul rest in eternal peace.